Chapter Eighteen: A Breath of Fresh Air

Nie Asreal's gaze was heavy and captivating. He couldn't look away. It was like a searing connection had been ignited inside of him. It created this feeling and need to just run and leave or run into his arms-

Why did his face burn so much?

Yi Lian looked up at the sun. He had never felt such heat before in his life. His skin started to feel like it was melting.

He pushed these thoughts out of his mind and focused on the situation at hand.

The Sect Leaders saluted him. Yi Lian whispered a thank you to Bai Xi-Wang before joining his brother at his Uncle's side. After a moment of burning he formed an ice crystal in his hand and slipped it into his sleeve.

He mindlessly made another and passed it to his brother. Yi Jian seemed to have tensed before receiving it but Yi Lian paid no mind to it.

Nie Yang, "Well if he's anything like your other prized disciple this event will indeed be interesting."

Zhou Chen chucked but tried to hide it with a cough.

Yi Lian saw his brother fall into a silent rage but he didn't really mind the comments. He didn't need the validation of others-

Nie Asreal, "Actually father, Yi Lian is very powerful and knowledgeable. I heard he gained immortality just a few months ago and he is only my age."

Yi Lian threw the thought away. Validation, yes more of that is definitely needed.

Nie Yang squinted. "Is that so... Oh well. My son Nie Asreal here has a good future ahead of him. I'm sure he will achieve many more great things soon as well. This Prince will have to try and reach his level tomorrow."

He laughed with Zhou Chen. They really were quite the pair. That or Zhou Chen just liked being malicious. It's not as if he got along with any other Sect leader.

Bai Jin chimed in, "Yi Lian has performed excellently. I'm sure he'll have no problem winning the event tomorrow."

Yi Lian suddenly remembered why he liked being the forgotten prince. Having people passive aggressively fight over him and his strengths was beyond uncomfortable. He felt his ice crystal melt. It really was too hot to stand out here and as they had all arrived he tapped his Uncle subtly.

Sect Leader Yi, "Shall we make our way to our chambers?"

Nie Yang nodded. "Nie Asreal, take the princes to their rooms."

Nie Asreal smiled and walked over to them.

He bowed very eloquently. "Your Highness, it is an honour to meet you again, especially now that you are the strongest cultivator of our generation."

Yi Lian blushed furiously. The amount of compliments in one sentence was really quite overwhelming. "You can call me Yi Lian, Second Young Master Nie."

Nie Asreal smiled and stepped closer, cutting Yi Jian off from the interaction. "Then you must call me Nie Asreal if we are indeed so close."

Yi Lian melted. He had never felt like this before yet here he was. Sure he had talked about Nie Asreal a bit... a lot, to his friends but that was very different to being in front of the man himself, and a man he was. He kept his mischievous and youthful face yet now it was defined and sung the tune of a forbidden erotic song one had to sneak out to hear.

Yi Lian, "Nie Asreal- I never thanked you."

Nie Asreal smiled. "For what?"

Yi Lian was dazed for a second because he had just realised both that his smile was so wonderful and that he was actually in a conversation with Nie Asreal.