Chapter Twenty Five: Frozen Heart Promise

Nie Asreal, "I just wanted to wish his Highness good luck. Are you feeling completely better after last night?"

Yi Lian blushed and nodded. "Yes. Thank you Nie Asreal. I will see you tonight."

He turned to leave once again but out of the corner of his eye he spotted his brother dropping Forcol to the ground with a clatter. His face had dulled like a spiked blade after a heavy battle. He had probably misinterpreted the words in such a way that was technically both inaccurate and accurate. His resting judgment face shattered to the floor along with his jaw and brain.

Yi Lian was very grateful that Nie Asreal cured him so when Nie Asreal pulled him back to press his lips to the back of his hand he nodded and speed walked out instead of yelling and hugging him so that they could both save face to their colleagues.

Yi Lian was immensely glad Bai Xi-Wang cared so little about these things. Of course he would tell the rest of the group as soon as he found them but at least Yi Lian didn't have to suffer through a reaction like Yi Jian's again. Luckily his friends didn't seem to be paying attention to them thanks to Yi Lian's cloak. It seemed like the cloak didn't work on people that knew him or were actively seeking him.

Most climbed the mountain and rummaged deep into the caves. These were both incorrect methods but the few that knew the best route thought it better to keep these things as hidden knowledge for the scholars among them.

The gorge before him was filled with jagged red rocks and a strange mix of smooth and rocky terrain. The sun shone through the gorge giving it the look as if the mountains were alive and foreign.

The Evil Peak Demons maundered around in a sluggish manner. They moved with great difficulty as they used all of their strength to move one leg at a time that was growing boulder sized rocks from beneath the skin as they went. It was a tragic sight but they had little consciousness. Not yet anyway.

Yi Lian took a step forward. Clutched Winters-Gaze tightly in his grasp, took a deep breath of humid air and sliced forward.

The ground rumbled beneath him, the sand that bounced up from the earth hung suspended in the air, stuck in a moment of time whilst silence filled the gorge as everything in it paused. A hum emerged, like a ring in one's ear and Yi Lian spun, the sound of his footwork echoing around as he swung Winters-Gaze again.

It let out a blade of blue energy force that rippled through the gorge like an explosion of fire. Everything the wave touched became engulfed in a layer of frost. The desert-like area slowly began being engulfed by a white frost as it crawled across the floor like a plague.

As the ice hit the Evil Peak Demons they were frozen to the ground as the frost piled into ice, those with a great deal of strength cracked it apart and turned their attention to Yi Lian.

Yi Lian walked across the ice with ease, twirling Winters-Gaze through his fingers and let it dance around in the air.

A Peak Demon lunged out but Winters-Gaze would just slice right through it in one fell swoop.  It was like a knife to butter when it came to Winters-Gaze. Others would just hack at them until they died but Winters-Gaze could never be used in such a manner and today it was in a good mood.

He continued down the valley, slashing and severing each one in two.

A few hundred later he found the opening behind the mountain. The sun blazed above him. The ice around him dissipated and he sheathed Winters-Gaze. He knew little of how many points each participant had or how many was a large quantity but he felt ready to sit and rest until the event was over. His head was starting to feel dazed under the heat and he wasn't going to push himself too hard for a random contest.