Chapter Twenty Seven: Wishes

Nie Asreal thrashed to the side and let out an ear piercing shout. Yi Jian walked over and crouched down next to him so that he could look into his eyes and see the pain he had caused and relish in it.

Yi Jian taunted, "No promise? I thought the strong and trusting Nie Asreal would deliver on a person's last wish. Shame."

Nie Asreal, "I will not make a promise I can't keep. You might think you're a powerful ass hole but no one can alter memories so easily."

Yi Jian shrugged. "Well it doesn't matter now, or did you forget his current self's dying action?"

Nie Asreal squinted at him so Yi Jian pulled his robes down to reveal a gruelling sight. His chest was growing webs of ice crystals, it looked both undead and alive.

Yi Jian, "He left me with a sentence, ha! The bitch. It won't matter though because I will alter his friends minds to slowly dislike him and forget about you. Originally I was just going to get rid of you but if he is going to have revenge why can't I?"

Nie Asreal wanted to laugh and cry. Revenge for what? Defending himself? He chuckled painfully, "So you're really okay with dying just like that? No offence but you don't seem the type to piss off so easily."

Yi Jian shoved him over for the comment. "Two options, I reach immortality or I ask a friend to look at it."

Nie Asreal felt something lurch deep in his stomach at the thought of Yi Lian's last act being in vain. He put his head to the side and threw up some repressed blood. Yi Jian left him to it and walked over to the others.

Nie Asreal looked over to Yi Lian. A warrior defeated and having to pay a price beyond it's worth. It was a true injustice and the worst day of his entire life. He threw up again from anger and something else... loss?

Yi Jian, "Ah!"

Nie Asreal looked over to see Yi Jian blasted back to the floor with Nie Vian standing tall above him.

Yi Jian, "Who the hell are you?"

Nie Vian threw out another talisman that shot forward and engulfed Yi Jian in an explosion.

Nie Asreal called out, "Shijie leave! Run!" At least someone needed to remember besides him!

Nie Vian nodded and threw out some of Nie Asreal's shield spells before sprinting into the mountain. Yi Jian emerged coughing from the spoke and looked around. All his people had been knocked out by Yi Lian earlier so he would have to do the dirty work himself.

Yi Jian mumbled, "Damn Yi Lian's soul."

He ran after her with Forcol, into the gorge.

Nie Asreal couldn't do anything but sit and watch. He had fought everyone on one when he had arrived. Unfortunately after fighting disciple after disciple it had become impossible to keep going. Especially when he was stabbed in the back by Forcol while fighting two others. He was half tempted to set all three peaks alight but unfortunately he hadn't reached that level of power yet. He tried using his Demonic energy but he'd never used it in combat before and so it became too unpredictable.

Yi Jian came back with Nie Vian in his arms. If he hadn't known better it looked as if a husband was saving his wife.

Yi Jian, "What a pretty fairy. Shame her anger is so strong, else i would ask your dad to make her head disciple so we could wed. I never even knew she was a cultivator."

He lay her down lightly and carefully onto the ground and placed a finger to her temple. He looked over to Nie Asreal who was silent for once.

Yi Jian, "...Or is this not common knowledge?"

Nie Asreal was so fed up from defeat that he just lay there.

Yi Jian, "Interesting! Here I was thinking Sect Leader Nie had such strict rules. When I'm Sect Leader I will impose the same rules to keep the Sect pure but to have his own son go behind his back- Don't worry Nie Asreal, if this all comes to light she'll always have a place in the Yi Sect." He smirked.

Nie Asreal beheaded him with his eyes.

He took his time to edit the memory of everyone present before placing them back into the gorges where they were originally, even his own people.

After that he strolled over to Nie Asreal and crouched down again.

Yi Jian, "Now when I let you out you can't harm me because it's only you and me that have the memories of past and present affairs so if you attack me, in everyone's eyes you're attacking a prince." Nie Asreal didn't even care anymore. As long as this was over, as long as he could go and research into this, to cure it, fix it in any sort of way. He didn't care about fighting again.

He untied him. By now it was pitch black outside and Nie Asreal was having to hold back from giving him one last mack across the face. He held back and walked away. He simply walked off into the mountain. He felt so numb, like his life had ended but he still had to walk to earth as a ghost.

He had to sit and watch them leave the next day, not say a word to Nie Vian, his brothers or anyone who could help because no one listened to him.

----------------

Luckily Yi Jian wasn't very good at Demonic spells so some of it didn't work. Yi Lian eventually remembered about his Brothers' evil and his friends didn't grow to hate him in the end but they still didn't remember Nie Asreal.

After months of research Nie Asreal found the book he had been waiting for called 'Conjuration of Illusion Enchantments.' It spoke of many wondrous things yet it had one page that said it all;

'The previous pages have been on alteration and the embedding of memories or extraction and placement of false memories. This chapter will be on the act of retrieving and reviving said memories.