Chapter Twenty One: Rude Swords Revenge

Bai Cong still had an arm laced over Yi Lian's shoulder, still whispering things into his ear yet this time Bai Cong was even more drunk and Yi Lian would blush at the things he said but pretended to hear nothing as they were probably acts not directed towards him... Nie Asreal sat with his eyes alight with ravenous flames but a happy cheery smile across his face. Bai Hua placed down his cards.

Bai Hua, "Would you like to play Second Master Nie?"

He nodded so Bai Hua gestured for him to play. Nie Asreal sat forward and picked up the dice. As he threw it the group called out:

Bai Hua, "four!"

Bai Ho, "two!"

Bai Xi-Wang, "One."

Yi Lian, "two!"

Bai Cong, "Four."

Nie Asreal, "....."

The dice clattered across the ground until it stilled, rolling onto a four and whilst Bai Hua and Bai Cong rejoiced Yi Lian shook his head. "It makes no sense. He doesn't have anything to gamble." This was referring to their high value stone currency.

Bai Hua feigned wonder, "Oh how it seems! He must take a forfeit then."

Yi Lian, "That's not fair you didn't explain the rules nor did he ever have any to begin with. You tricked him!"

Bai Cong smiled and shuffled over to Bai Hua. "Oh well. Rules are rules."

Nie Asreal smiled. "What kind of forfeit?"

Bai Ho, "Well it won't be so bad. It could be from when we told Bai Cong to run naked into a brothel to picking something up because we're too lazy."

Yi Lian shook his head and grabbed a handful of multicoloured pebbles. "I'll give him some of mine..."

Bai Cong shoved his hand back despite being in a quiet exchange with Bai Hua. "Against the rules."

Yi Lian lost his head, throwing his hands down in rage. "Since when do you care about rules!?"

Nie Asreal bit his lip to stop from laughing and gently placed his hand on Yi Lian's back to calm him. "It's okay Yi Lian. I've done embarrassing things without having been told to." He felt the need to pat his head but restrained himself.

Bai Cong, "Your forfeit is to have Yi Lian sit in your lap the rest of the night."

Bai Ho choked on air whilst Yi Lian deadpanned at him. "Who's forfeit is this really for?"

Bai Cong placed a hand on his leg and purred, "Oh like you won't enjoy it."

Yi Lian made the mental note to murder him when he was sober. He turned red all over and the boiling heat that he had been experiencing grew worse but it felt... different.

Nie Asreal uncrossed his legs slightly to create a small place for him to sit.  Yi Lian couldn't move, he couldn't breathe. The mixture of rage for his friends and need to rejoice battled within him and created a stalemate.

In the end Yi Lian shuffled over but stopped when he made eye contact.

His brain screamed to run out of the door and far far away but his hand grabbed a jar quickly before he could speak and took a gulp.

Bai Ho almost fell forward to stop him and ended up just panicking and rolling around on the floor. "No! Yi Lian can't handle drinks..."

Nie Asreal quickly took the jar from his mouth and placed it away. "How much until he's drunk?"

Bai Xi-Wang, "Three gulps. At the first one he just becomes shy, two he will climb onto the roof and three he has confidence. Beyond that is unknown."

So Yi Lian's fight for confidence had backfired in the worst kind of way.

Nie Asreal sighed. "Just like pulling out a sword..." He thought.

So in a blur of actions he scooped a hand underneath his legs and one behind his back and placed him into his embrace.

The group burst out laughing.

Bai Cong said between laughs, "He can use your money now!"

Yi Lian glared. "Oh so the rules say if you sit in someone's lap you suddenly combine the money?"

Bai Cong smirked. "Yes. Well now they do."

Yi Lian chuckled coldly, "Then I should have sat in your lap much sooner."

Bai Cong was almost always the richest in the game and whenever he was drunk he would have a mission to get as close to Yi Lian as possible. He was about to choke from laughter when he remembered something.

Bai Cong, "Why Madam Yi, you already have!"

The group fell back onto the floor save Yi Lian, Nie Asreal and Bai XI-Wang who all felt very different on the matter. He had indeed sat in Bai Cong's lap in the past. They had been traveling down a calm river and arrived at a rural village and eventually came across a small inn to stay the night. In just one night three maidens became asphyxiated by Yi Lian's beauty and followed him everywhere, even attempting to break into his room for hours on end. Bai Ho let it slip that he was a prince downstairs in the tavern and Yi Lian had actually had to stick twenty or so talismans to his door so that it wouldn't break. They couldn't think of a way to escape so Bai Cong found a red, see through vail and threw it over Yi Lian's head. After that he scooped him up and carried him back to the boat. When they passed the group of girls at the village's edge Yi Lian had leapt into Bai Cong's lap and pretended to kiss him until they were well down stream. This was something that made Yi Lian wish he never gained immortal so that he wouldn't have to remember that forever.

Yi Lian recoiled back into Nie Asreal whilst Nie Asreal hugged around his waist tightly.

Yi Lian turned to look and see Nie Asreal's reaction but when he did it was definitely a mistake. Nie Asreal drew his eyes away from the dying disciples to look at him and almost fell into Qi deviation. Yi Lian had a flustered look across his face making him look so innocent and so, so cute.

Yi Lian didn't realise that he had a tendency to let his lips fall open when he was a bit shocked or confused. It was such a sight Nie Asreal even became flustered and speachless.

Bai Cong, "Ahhh!"

Yi Lian turned to see Winters-Gaze ablaze with smoke at Bai Cong's throat. It was hovering and threatening, the embodiment of fear and terror. Instead of freaking out like everyone else was Yi Lian just sighed and scowled at it.

Yi Lian, "What? Do you think you're impressive flying about all by yourself? Go away."

Winters-Gaze hovered away a little so everyone calmed... until.

Bai Hua yelled, "Nie Asreal look out!"

Winters-Gaze shot out towards them at full speed but before Nie Asreal could react Yi Lian grabbed his hands to stop him from jumping back. Winters-Gaze shot towards them then took a sharp ninety degree turn to stab into the floor before Yi Lian.

Yi Lian tutted. He said unamused, "Wow you are so impressive.... You know how deadly you are? Yet you shoot towards those you like like an arrow!"

He grabbed the hilt and threw it into his sheath across the room. It slid inside and dimmed instantly.

The room took a collective sigh of relief.

Nie Asreal blinked a few times before asking, "Your sword is a spiritual device?"

Yi Lian lay back like he was in an armchair, so angry with his sword he didn't even care anymore about being shy. "Yes. Winters-Gaze needs constant focus or else it acts out on those I fight with." He sighed. "I apologize for my lack of attention."

Everyone told him not to apologize as usual. This wasn't the first time Winters-Gaze had come out especially to terrorise Bai Cong. It had once spearheaded after him for at least a mile down a mountain because he accidentally tripped Yi Lian up during a night hunt.