Chapter 21

Okay. I'm really going to do this.

"It started at age 10, it was a family reunion."

Flashback-

This is going to be so fun! I'm going to get to see Aunt Lucy and all my cousins! Even uncle Phil who promised to bring me presents.

"Ariana, honey come out I want you to meet someone." I heard my mom yell from downstairs. I bolted out of my room, too excited too care, I raced down the stairs. And then I saw a very tall guy who looked to be about a teenager. He has wavy blonde hair and sparkling brown eyes with long lashes. He wasn't too skinny. He had muscles here and there.

"Hey, Adriana? Is it. My names John. But you can call me Uncle John. Yeah?." The tall guy said smiling.

I nodded and said," its Ariana." I corrected.

"Sure it is." He patted my head like a toddler.

I'm not a baby. I'm ten years old. I'm practically a teenage almost. I rolled my eyes and walked away to go help my mother with the meals.

After we were finished we headed up to the park. I was so excited. I couldn't wait to see all my family. We finally arrived and I shrieked with joy, because I saw two very special people on the swing sets. Derek and Megan! Even if they aren't blood related. I still begged my mom to let them come.

I got out of the car and jogged over to them. It was a Saturday, in the middle of spring and I was wearing a sunflower dress with white sandals and my hair flowing down. 

After hours of playing with my cousins and my two best friends. It was getting dark. And I was too full from all the food. All I wanted to do was go to sleep.

Our parents called us to go home and I got in my moms car and so did John. I didn't see him much during the reunion. We drove home in a comfortable silence. John was seated in the passenger seat, since he's older.

Right, like I care.

When we got home, I got out of the car and walked up to my home, after unlocking it. I raced up the stairs to prepare for bed. I was exhausted and my energy was wearing out. After changing into my PJs, I head a soft knock coming from my door.

"Can I come in?" I heard John - Uncle John - say.

I yelled out a 'yes' , he walked in, still in his outfit from the reunion. Just a plain white v-neck shirt and dark tight jeans with red vans. I was seated on the edge of my bed and he sat next to me.

"So... I saw you today, you know with your friends, what were their names?" He asked while playing with a strain of my hair. I shifted awkwardly and told him their names. Derek and Megan.

"Ah, yeah, maybe you shouldnt hang out with Derek as much anymore," He stated still messing with my hair.

I looked at him bewildered for a second before bursting out laughing.

"Your kidding, right?" I said in between laughs.

He gave me a stern look and gripped my hair tighter this time, pulling my head down in the process.

"Does it look like I'm kidding." He kept his grip tighter and tighter. Until I was about to scream, but he covered my mouth with his other hand.

"Shut up, your parents won't hear you, they aren't even home so screaming won't help, you bitch." He slammed my head down my bed. He hovered over me, grabbing both of my arms with one of his hands and then he started trailing his hands over my body. I screamed for help. But nobody ever heard me.