Chapter 24

You guys should hate me.. I haven't updated in like 5 days I think.. Sowwy :(. Been busy. Here's another chapter. :)

I woke up the previous morning, it is Tuesday after all. And yes I skipped school today because due to the fact that I got home late last night. I sighed and rolled over and saw my clock read 11:20am. Not bad.. I was expecting myself to at least wake up at 1 or something.

I got up from my bed and walked to the bathroom. After finishing my business, I took off my clothes and turned on the shower. I got in and felt my whole body relax a bit from the warm water.

Last night or morning? It was like 2am, well anyways, saying it was horrible would be an understatement. It was beyond horrible. All the things that happened came back to memory and I felt my eyes fill with tears. But since I was in the shower, it really wouldn't matter. I calmed myself down a bit and washed my hair and body. Afterwards I turned the water off and got my white towel and covered myself before stepping out of the shower.

My hair was dripping a bit and I walked back to my room, picking out a gray sweatshirt and leggings to wear for the day. I put my hair in a bun and put on some white socks. It was chilly outside and my house felt a bit cold as well.

I walked downstairs and noticed that my parents weren't home. They must have went to work early today. I walked to the kitchen island and saw a piece of paper on one of the counters near the fridge.

Ariana.

Me and your father left early this morning but Toby is home. He's a bit sick so its your lucky day. You can't go to school, take care of Toby for us please. Love you lots sweetie.

Mom.

Well it sure was my lucky day, I wasn't even planning on going to school anyways. I walked back upstairs to check on Toby. I opened his door and there he was sleeping on his bed. His hair was a mess and his lips were slightly parted.

He's too cute for his own good. I'm so jealous. He got the good genes. I chuckled and took one last look at him before I closed the door shut and walked back downstairs.

I was back at the kitchen and I grabbed a bowl and the fruity pebbles cereal box. I poured the fruity goodness in the bowl. Then I retreated it back to its usual spot. I poured milk and got me a spoon. I walked to the living room to see what was on, my bowl of fruity ness on the other hand.

Luckily, Awkward was on and I did a mental cheer. I've been missing the episodes lately. And that's bad.

I was in the middle of eating my cereal and I was watching one of the episodes of Awkward that I have already seen. When I heard footsteps come down the staircase and I turned around to see my little brother walking down while yawning and he ran his hand through his hair.

"Hey sleepy head, how'd you sleep?" I asked and got up to retrieve my bowl to the kitchen since I already finished it.

He yawned once more before responding, "like a baby." He followed me to the kitchen.

I chuckled at my younger brother and placed my bowl in the dish washer.

"Do you want something to eat?" I asked leaning on one of the kitchen counters.

"No, I'm okay I just want to watch some TV."

I nodded and we both walked back to the living room.

"Awkward is on." He said and smiled excitedly.

Yes I know, its wrong for a 4 year old boy watching a show like Awkward. But its not really my fault. He caught me watching it once and ever since then he's been watching it with me. You see when I told him no, he cried. And I mean he would cry and throw a tantrum and its not funny either.