Chapter 28

"Can't we just be friends,"

It took me a moment before I could respond back. No word vomit, Ariana.

"Sure," I said and gave him my best fake smile I could master at the moment.

He breathed a sigh of relief. And my heart felt like it broke once again.

He never liked you. Those moments you had, were nothing to him.

"Well.. Then its settled, friend," He gave me a genuinely smile. I smiled back and tried my hardest to not let the tears fall. I blinked a few times to make sure they didn't.

"Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow at school?" I asked changing the subject. He nodded and unlocked the doors to his car. I got out and I was halfway across the street when I turned back around, to find Ryder still in his car.

He noticed my stare and he rolled down the window.

"Something wrong?" He practically yelled since we had some distance between us.

"Just wondering why your still in there?" I smirked. 

"Oh yeah.. Well I'm actually going to go see a friend right now. See you tomorrow Ariana... Umm its cool if I start calling you that right?" He said.

Again I felt my sadness take over once again. And my heart felt like it was being punched over and over again.

I swallowed the lump that was forming.

"Yeah its fine, see ya." I smiled and turned back around and processed to walk back to my house. I heard his engine from behind me turn to life. And I heard his tires fade more and more. At this point, I was standing on the porch. I took a deep breathe before I walked inside. My parents didn't acknowledge me. And I was grateful. I didn't want to do more acting at the moment. I walked up the stairs and each step I took, I felt like I was getting weaker and weaker by the second.

My subconscious was probably right the whole time. One side of my mind had hope. The other half knew it wouldn't happen. I think the other half won. I collapsed onto my bed and laid on my stomach.

That's when I felt the hot tears pour down my face. I sniffed and cried even more. I buried my face into the pillow and cried. Making sure nobody heard me. Didn't want any attention now, did I? I felt humiliation, for the fact, that I think Ryder knew he had gotten under my skin. After we had our make out sessions and our intense moments, he wanted to be friends?

What a way to actually ruin a girls dream, right? I chuckled at my own thoughts. I am such an idiot. A stupid girl. Really. I am so stupid. Why would he even want to be seen with me? Friends? I highly doubt he'll ever talk to me again. But maybe that's a good thing.

I don't really need him, do I? No, of course not. I was fine when he wasn't here,and I'll be fine without him, now. Ryder can do what he pleases and I can get back to my studies and plans for graduation. And college applications. I can even figure out a way to get rid of John without anyone getting hurt.

That's a simple plan, and it'll keep any thoughts away from him.

But even when I thought this, I felt more tears come down. Why am I still crying?

Maybe its because you basically just got rejected by a guy you liked.

I hate my mind. Why does it always have to be right?

After my heartbroken breakdown, I actually fell asleep.

******

The next morning I woke up by myself, no alarm clock needed. I woke up at exactly 6:35am. And that's a good thing since I start class at 8. I took a shower and brushed my teeth. I changed into some dark tight jeans. With a thin, long sleeved shirt. I put another small white jacket over it. And added a light brown scarf. With some brown flats on. I French braided my hair to the side and let a few strings of hair to the sides.

Yep this outfit did not match my mood. But hey, I never really tried to look decent at school, so why not try today? When I feel the worst.

I looked at my phone to see the time and it read 7:35. Well, I got plenty of time for breakfast. I went downstairs to the kitchen and made me a bowl of fruity pebbles. I poured the milk in the bowl and got a clean spoon. I sat down on one of my stools in the kitchen. And ate, after I finished eating, I checked the time again, it read 7:41.

Megan couldn't pick me up today, she had some other things to do before she came to school, and didn't want me to be late. Derek didn't answer any of my texts so I decided to just walk today. Well I really didn't decide. It was more of a no option thing.

Nobody was home so I got my bag, house key, and phone. I walked out and locked my front door. It was a bit chilly outside. But nothing I couldn't handle. I started walking to the sidewalk. When I heard some giggle coming from across the street.

I looked over and saw a pretty brunette, who was all over Ryder. He was whispering something in her ear and she giggled even louder. I turned away from the sight and started walking faster.

I just want to get to school.

Then I heard his voice, call my name from afar.

Great timing, don't you think?

Again, your right.

***********----**
Ooh I even liked this chapter. And that says something, lol. But anyways hope you liked it.

Vote/Comment.

I'm not sure if I'll update tomorrow, its gonna be a hard day, since I'm going to the orthodontist, yep. Wish me luck.

Bye loves ❤