The Boy

"Ahhhhh...!!!!" This time,
it was someone else. It was a boy standing near her, mirroring her reaction. He looked just as old as Astrid. He was tall and skinny, with blonde hair which was neatly combed backwards, giving him a royal look. His clothing was also royal. A sleek white shirt tucked into a black high waist suspender pants. His knee length coat was on his hands, which he threw away when Astrid screamed. A small shield shaped brooch was pinned on his chest.

"What was that for??!!" The boy asked her. Her screaming probably startled him as he looks scared to death, with a slight frown forming between his brows.

Astrid looked up at him, as he went to pick up his coat that he threw away a minute ago, and brushed some dirt off of it.

"You almost gave me a heart attack!!" He simply said before placing his palm on his chest and sighing deeply.

He looked at her with wide eyes. Astrid was still lying down, still trying to calm herself down from the sudden adrenaline rush she got less than a minute ago.

"Why are you still on the ground? Get up!!" He said before giving her a hand. She refused his help and pushed herself off the ground, and stands with her arms crossed over her chest.

The boy quickly pulled his hand towards himself and rubbed the nape of his neck before putting it into one of his pockets. He was slightly blushing, probably embarrassed by the fact that Astrid didn't accept his help.

"What are you doing in the middle of this forest?" He simply asked.

So, it really was a forest. It felt good to find that something she assumed was right. But, still it doesn't make any sense. How did she get here? There were still a lot of questions lurking through her mind. That's when she noticed a hand waving in front her face.

"Hello...., I'm talking to you" The boy smiled gently. He had a very charming smile. His eyes became small crescents when he flashed his boyish smile.

"You seem lost" He said before taking a look around. He looked at her expecting a reaction from her.

"Uh.. Yes... Umm, Where am I?" She asked him, expecting him to say something logical.

"Oh! So you are lost. Let me help you, Miss. You are in the 'Prim Rose woods'." He smiled widely after saying that. Where on earth is Prim Rose woods? No. More like, what on earth is Prim Rosewoods?

Astrid opened her mouth to ask more about it, but she gets interrupted by the boy.

"Who am I? That's probably going to be your next question, right?" He smiled and nods his head like he knew everything.

"Well, I'm Arthur Rosenheim." He flashed his boyish smile once again. His smile is becoming familiar for Astrid, as he never forgets to show it every now and then.

She shook her head, as that was not what she was going to ask next. But he doesn't seem to notice that. His name is weird by the way. Rosenheim sounds like an ancient name. Well, the whole place seems weird.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's your name, Miss?" He asked. It was definitely getting weirder and weirder. Why does he keep calling her 'Miss'?
It feels like she just went back to 18th century or something. Even his dressing and hairstyle was like that. She knew how boys these days were. They would never wear charming clothes like these, and would stick with T-shirts and jeans. Everything was totally weird.

"I'm... I'm Astrid....Astrid Blu...." Astrid answered, still confused about this whole situation.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Blu" He bowed in front of her with his hands tucked behind in the most respectful way possible. Okay, what is happening? Who bows in the 21st century? What is happening?

Astrid's eyes were wide while watching the boy in front of her. He stood up straight and looked at her, again with a bright smile on his face. He noticed her wide eyes.

"Miss, Is there a problem"? He sincerely asked with a worried expression taking over his smile. Again with 'Miss'.

"Why do you keep calling me 'Miss'?" She finally asked as it was slowly getting on her nerves, with a frown forming on her pale face.

"Oh... You don't seem like a 'Mrs',Or, are you?" He asked, slightly confused.

"What??!! No... I'm only 15.... I'm not married...." She said, equally confused. Who is he?

"See, that's why I'm calling you 'Miss'. Do you have a problem with that?" He asked, while bringing his coat behind to slip his hands into the long sleeves.

"Yes". She said coldly without any second thoughts.

"Why?" He asked after placing the coat perfectly over his shoulders.

"It's weird". She answered. Still not understanding where the hell she is or what the hell is happening.

"Weird? I don't find anything weird about that. Ladies prefer to be called 'Miss'. It's polite". His reaction was even weirder than this whole situation. Did she time travel and came back in time? That was the first question that came into her mind.

"What do you want me to call you then?" He asked. But Astrid was not listening to him. She was deep in her thoughts. She asked him a question to clear this whole 'Time traveling' situation without making it seem weird.

"What year is this?" She quickly asked, praying to not hear anything weird from him again.

"2020. Why"? He finally says. Astrid's shoulders drop in relief. So this is not actually 'time traveling. But there has to be an explanation for this whole situation. How will she find it out? Can she trust this blonde boy with the most charming smile she has ever seen? Or maybe tomorrow she would wake up knowing all of this was just a dream? Astrid seems to have no idea at all.

********