Smile

Even after knowing that he is sitting in a room next to someone from another planet doesn't make Harry's approach towards Astrid any different. Actually, he was only getting more interested in talking to her. Asking about every little thing about earth and the people. How they walk and talk. He even asked how they shower. Astrid was saved by Arthur from there. The four of them are sitting in the library.

"What!? It's already dark outside?" Arthur yells.

It was indeed dark. No one realized that they spent most of their day in the library discussing about the next day. The four of them will be setting out to find Ainsworth. Arthur knows the place, so it will be easy to find him.

"I guess it's time to say Good night." Katherine fixes her expensive gown before walking out of the room, after getting ahold a few books from the table.

Harry is literally dozing off on his chair. Arthur is reading a book written by a renowned writer in Blue Haven. His writing about the earth were very accurate compared to other writers. Astrid has a feeling deep down that he had some connection with that person who first came from the earth. How else would he get to know so many things?

Harry's soft snores fill the room, now only consisting of a conscious Arthur and Astrid.

"You're probably tired." Arthur closes the book and slides his chair back, to get off. "Let me get you back to your room." He says and takes a look at Harry sleeping peacefully with his arms as his pillows.

"Now, I have to carry him back to his room. He is getting heavier nowadays." Arthur sighs and turns his attention towards Astrid.

Astrid wonders how he is not a 'human', but has more humanity than most of the humans. He is so unreal. Sometimes Astrid wonder whether all of this is just a dream. Because, in her knowledge, she has never known someone so pure at heart like him, nor has she ever thought of someone like him existing in the same timeline as of her. Even getting to know his kind heart is an honor.

She stands up to follow the tall boy in crisp tuxedo, while leaving the snoring boy behind.

"Good night." He says before opening the door towards her new room.

"You too." Astrid says with a tender smile. It's the first time she is saying it back. He deserves so much more than her sweet words. But, it's the only thing she could give him.

The smile on his face grows even more after seeing Astrid's reaction. He fiddles with the edge of his coat, trying to say something. But, the words are all jumbled in his mind. He opens his mouth to say something, but it quickly turns into a smile full of care, after seeing Astrid smiling even harder at his cuteness.

"This is the first time you smile, with your eyes. You should smile more." He finally lets out.

His words make a slight pink colour creep up on to her cheeks. Arthur, blushing even harder than her, quickly waves at her and walks out of her site.

Astrid doesn't waste a second to close the room and jump onto the cozy, warm bed. It's been a long, long day. This is actually tiring than her normal school day filled with homework and stupid essays. Skimming through thousands of books a day will of course be more tiring than writing an essay with the help of Wikipedia.

While going through the books one by one, Astrid wished a thousand times if she could just have a computer in front of her. The people who invented internet and stuff should be considered as the Gods. They literally saved our lives.

Her back hurts after sitting slouched on the chair for a whole day. After stretching her back for a while, Astrid falls asleep quicker than ever.

****

Someone is furiously knocking on the door, disturbing Astrid's sleep. She opens her eyes slowly after the intensity of the knocking increased abruptly.

The knocking doesn't stop even after she woke up and sat on her bed. It's already time for school?

"Astrid!" The sound of a worried Arthur quickly brings her back to reality. Today, they are going to find George Ainsworth.

She jumps out of the bed and opens the door to meet Arthur, without caring about how ridiculous she looks with her hair standing out in all direction from her head. No one likes their morning face. It's a fact.

"Oh, you scared me. What were you doing? I've been knocking for the past ten minutes straight. I was so worried." He scrutinizes her.

"I overslept. Sorry." Astrid says. Embarrassed.

"It's fine. You were really tired yesterday." He quickly changes his worried tone and reassures her with his sweet words.

He doesn't even notice her messed up hair, but just looks at her with the same care and love.

"I'll be ready in a moment." She turns to close the door, but Arthur stops her.

"Your dress. Here." He hands her a box, which probably contains a new dress. Astrid quickly shakes her head. He possibly can't give her a new dress everyday.

"I'll just wear what I wore yesterday." She says.

"No, take it." He insists.

"I can't. I already owe you a lot, for all the things you did. I possibly cannot repay all of this." She shyly lets out, looking down at her bare feet.

"What? I'm not helping you, expecting for you to repay anything. I'm helping you as a friend. And friends don't owe each other." He says with the biggest smile on his face. How can someone be so good? Is he even real?

Astrid was awestruck, looking at the boy in front her. She just stands there looking at him. She wants to reach forward and touch him, just to make sure that someone so beautiful inside out exists. Her pupils dilate as she takes in the sight of him.

He hands over the box containing the. dress to Astrid with a smile on his bright face, and walks away, with his hands tucked in his pockets, as usual.

Well, it's time get ready for another tiring day.

****