Hand In Hand

His sister was the same lady who Astrid saw when she woke up. She seemed kind of rude, for not greeting Astrid properly like how someone would greet a stranger. But then again, how can Astrid blame the lady when she came from another planet according to them.

"Yes, I'm ready." Astrid said. Arthur said that she may be the only one who can help her. So, she has to meet his sister, even though the thought of having his sister's judging gaze on her, gives Astrid creeps.

Arthur was still flustered. He still couldn't believe how the dress suits her so perfectly. In that dress, Astrid looks like she is one of them. She is Blue Haven's. And that golden hair clip, which goes with the colour of her hair. He couldn't look her straight into the eyes, as he thought he would lose himself in her beautiful blue eyes. He just nodded his head to Astrid's answer while trying not to look at her.

He walks with Astrid following him. Astrid was still barefoot, and she was clearly comfortable with it as well. She tied her palms behind her and followed the boy who is quite taller than her. He was looking straight, but his mind was still stuck with Astrid. The unusual tension between them was irritating. He was still thinking about how mesmerizing she looked even in a simple dress gown like that. He wondered how she would look in a royal red gown. Just imagining her in a grand dress making his breath hitch. It was a frizzy feeling in his stomach, like butterflies fluttering around. Astrid was unaware of the stream of thoughts through which the boy walking in front of her was going through. She walked carefully behind him, carefully taking every turn the boy takes. They were heading through a lot of passages and corridors. She tried to remember the turns they took, but she had no idea how she would return to her room, or in which direction the room she came from was. The whole palace was like a big maze. You can get lost anytime, anywhere.

After following Arthur around for a good few minutes, they both reached in front of an enormous door. Arthur abruptly stopped when the door came into view, making Astrid pull her brakes as well. The door was similar to the door to which the Rosenheim grounds opened. A huge door made of dark wood and engravings all over it. Engravings of roses, of course.

"She'll be here" Arthur turned to Astrid who was behind her. His gaze still not meeting hers, as he doesn't have the courage.

He stepped forwards and began to turn the golden knob. Even the knob had rose engravings. Geez..

"Is this her room?" Astrid asked. If it's her room, then they should probably knock.

"No. This is the library. She spends most of her time in here. That's why she may know what to do with you." Arthur says before opening the door.

Astrid's jaw drops to the floor. When he said library, she thought maybe its going to have a few books in a small room. But, this room has more books than in the public library back in Portland. Thousands of shelves with books of different sizes all over them. A large table in the middle of the room with a lot of books splattered here and there. And near the table sat his sister on a small chair. Her nose stuck in a big book. The moment the door opened, the addicting smell of dust and old books filled Astrid's nostrils. She had a unique liking for the smell of old books. So she just became more excited to get in there.

"Cathy..." Arthur called the woman, who didn't notice them coming in. Upon hearing her name being called, she looks up from her book.

She looked straight at Astrid after hearing the voice. The same scrutinizing gaze, piercing through her solid body. Arthur clears his voice, clearly annoyed by the way his sister is treating the girl beside him.

"Will you stop?" He asks.

His sister eye him before smiling widely. What happened so quickly? Is she mocking her? But why? What did she even do? It's not her fault that she got here. Everything happening is not under her control.