The Search

Hours and hours of taking books from the shelf, going through them and putting them back after finding nothing helpful. The only three people in the huge library don't even care about the fact that they are all on their empty stomach.

Astrid is trying to help herself, to go back, so she can stop being a burden to the brother and sister who are desperately trying to help her. Not because she wants to go back; She doesn't even know what she wants anymore. She wants to stay here and at the same time wants to go back.

While the other two are digging through different kinds of books to help a girl who means nothing to them. They don't even know who she is, or if she is telling the truth. They are still trying to help her to the fullest. Someone would probably say they are mad for wasting their time over someone who doesn't even belong there. But, the brother and sister are of Blue Haven's. They are taught to help anyone and everyone. And that's exactly what they're doing.

"Will there be ever an end to the books in this library?" Arthur sits down near the big pile of books on the floor. He sits with his legs crossed and lays his head onto the book shelf behind him. He removed his coat and tie, and rolled the sleeves of his white shirt till his elbows, showing his soft muscles and prominent veins. He is too tired and sweaty as well. The library doesn't have many windows. He wipes his forehead with his black tie, and earns a laugh from his sister, who is sitting on a chair beside Astrid, who is not paying attention to anything other than the old brown book in her hands.

She may have found something. But, she doesn't really know. She wants to show the piece of information to the sibling, but is too afraid to do so. What if that's all they need to send her back? She wants to stay a bit longer. Only a bit.

"What is it, Astrid?" Before Astrid could close the book, Arthur snatches it away from her hands. He reads the pages carefully. He frowns, but it quickly changes into a surprised expression. That's was enough to make Astrid feel defeated. That was definitely something important. She should have hid that. Even Astrid was surprised by her own thoughts. Why would she hide it? She shouldn't think like that. She must leave, sooner or later. It crushes her mind, but that's the truth.

"It says about the person who came from earth...years ago!!" He tells Katherine, who quickly stops reading the book she was holding and takes the book from Arthur's hands.

"It's a history book. How come I never thought about this?" She sighs.

Astrid just remained calm.

"It says about the person who first came to Blue Haven from earth. First and only, until you came." She said to Astrid.

"It says that person stayed, pretending to be from here. So, no one really knew about that person at that time. Until, after decades, someone discovered their journal. From it, people came to know that someone from earth came here. But, they couldn't find who it is as they disappeared. No one saw that person after that." She carefully examines the pages and stops at one. Her expression changing from concentrated to surprised.

"It has a copy of that person's journal." She says and looks at the other people surrounding her.

"That person's name was...it's not clear. It's scratched. Why?" Katherine frowns. She reads the whole page without giving others a chance to lean in and look. She quickly points to a word in the page.

"Look, whoever this person was, lived here for a long time. It is estimated to be more than one year. So, they may have had a job. And they also would have met a lot of people. It says here, about a gatekeeper, whom the person really got close to. His name is said to be George Ainsworth. He may help us." She looks at Astrid, with a glint of hope in her hazel eyes.

"Then, we can find more about that person and maybe also find how she escaped or... what if she still lives here?" Arthur asks.

"We don't know that yet." Katherine closes the book.

        Astrid didn't even say a word. She stared at the ground, clearly not understanding what's happening with herself. Why is she not trying to go back? What's happening to her? She can't do that. She has to get back. No matter what happens, she can't stay here. She doesn't belong here, after all.

"First we have to find out about this Ainsworth person. Anything at all about him may be helpful for us. Or at least, we need a start. Anything at all." Katherine tells Arthur, who is nodding his head, frequently.

"I know a way to find him." Arthur says, before slipping his coat over his shoulders and walking towards Astrid. His expression suddenly changes from a determined look to a cute pouty puppy face.

"But, can we please have breakfast before that. I'm starving." He asks, showing his puppy eyes to his older sister, who cannot restrain a laugh at her brothers small and childish request.

"Let's go then. This will be the perfect time to introduce Astrid to our parents as well."