Meet the Girlfriend

Hi again, everyone! Here's the long awaited update you have been asking for! By the way, even though some people find the constant nagging comments about updates annoying, I don't mind them at all! Anyways, here is the chapter:

Two days ago, Qibli had mixed feelings about the homecoming dance. He was both excited to spend time with his friends and terrified that a specific someone would reject him. However, being naturally self confident, he never really thought that would have happened.  Until it happened. Most guys would think there was really no more reason to go to Homecoming. But then again, Qibli was not like most guys. I am not about to give up now! I just have to show her how awesome I am!  He thought.

When he walked into the gym, he immediately saw Moon sitting on the bleachers with Turtle. The girl was wearing a long purple dress that had multiple layers of overlaying silk on the skirt, cascading downwards gracefully, and a sort of silver headband thing perched on the top of her head. she was sitting next to Turtle, who was wearing all formal clothing, except for the everlasting green beanie. Wait...does she like Turtle? Is that why she rejected me AND Winter? He thought, panicking. Oh my gosh, Qibli, calm down. There is no way she has a crush on him! He scolded himself. Are you really THAT desperate for an answer? She just doesn't like YOU. Accept that and stop blaming everyone else!

He took a deep breath and took a seat next to the two of them on the bleachers. "Hey guys..." he greeted sheepishly. Moon looked over at him and seemed to tense up with guilt. Qibli felt bad for making her uncomfortable and was prepared to get back up, but just then, Moon tapped Turtle on the shoulder. "Um...Turtle? Is she supposed to be here?" The girl was pointing across the gym at someone who seemed a little out of place- it was Turtle's sister, Anemone. She was wearing a flashy pink dress fading into grey with a whole lot of sequins- it looked like a dress that Kinkajou might wear, except with a lot less style, and bad color pairings. Anemone was holding hands with a slightly shorter girl with bronze skin and muted blue eyes. The other girl was wearing a simple avocado green romper and her brown hair was tied up in a messy bun. 

For a second the two of them just stood there, until Anemone spotted the group on the bleachers, and sashayed over. 

"Hello, dear brother," She began, facing Turtle. "I want to introduce you to my girlfriend, Tamarin." Tamarin waved shyly, but her strange eyes were staring right past Turtle, unfocused. Anemone must have noticed Qibli staring at the girl, because she turned towards him "Oh also, Tammy is blind." 

Turtle shook his his head. "Anemone, I don't wanna intervene in your love life too much, but I don't think mom would like to hear that you're dating someone when you're only 14..." Anemone looked shocked for a moment, but then she narrowed her eyes at her brother. "Oh...I get what this is! You're jealous of me because I got a girlfriend before YOU! Hmmm, maybe I could-" She suddenly stopped, seeing that someone was hurrying towards the group- none other than Kinkajou.

She was wearing a bright yellow dress with a bell skirt and a few other accessories, but her usual huge smile was just a little smaller than normal. She looked scared - wait no, worried. To Qibli's surprise, she headed right towards him and grabbed him by the arm, pulling him aside. Kinkajou dragged him away to somewhere near the big mural of Pyrrhia high's mascot, the P.H.S. dragon, on the other side of the gym. 

"Kinkajou, what is going on?" he asked in confusion. The two of them had been friends since elementary school, and Kinkajou only acted harsh when something was REALLY wrong.

"It's my sister..." she admitted nervously. "She's here at the dance, and I think something is wrong. She's been avoiding me for a few days now, and yesterday I heard her talking to one of her friends. She said something about how she couldn't stand her family anymore, and how I caused her to realize that...but I can't remember anything I said that might have upset her. What did I do?"

She looked down worriedly. "Qibli, you're good at noticing stuff about people, can you please tell me how I can help? I tried to talk to her this morning but she just snapped at me and then left for school early..." 

Qibli gave her a pitying look. "I think you should still try and talk to her...get her to tell you what you did, ok?" Kinkajou's lips formed into a small fraction of a smile. "Thanks!"  as Kinkajou disappeared into the crowd of people, Qibli thought about the advice he had given her. It seemed like a solid plan, and after all, this wasn't too big of a problem.

If only he knew how much she would go through because of it.