Candy Grams

Hi everyone!!! Halloween was yesterday so comment below your favorite candy- it actually just occurred to me how weird it is to be writing about VALENTINE'S DAY right after HALLOWEEN, but whatever...Here's a ✨love triangle✨ chapter.

Valentine's day was not one of Winter's favorite holidays. You might blame it on all the bad experiences he had on this day- like the time his cousin's friend Lynx gave him a lollipop in 6th grade but he couldn't eat it because of his braces. Or when he got all excited over getting 2 different candy grams freshman year only to find out they were from Qibli and Kinkajou who felt bad for him. 

But there was a problem - no matter how many times he told himself that he was completely over Moon, a small part of him still wished she liked him back. He knew she was still figuring it out, and although they could definitely still be friends without having an awkward relationship, the friendzone was always going to be there- especially today, when he would probably just sit at his desk in silence while everyone else received their candy grams and cheesy love confessions.

Just then, someone skipped into the room enthusiastically - a girl with dark purple hair and a silver choker that Winter recognized as Fatespeaker, a senior. The only things he really knew about her was that she was the head of the astrology club and she had a huge crush on Moon's neighbor, Starflight - she was also in pretty much every school volunteer program, so one of her duties was to pass out candy grams on Valentine's day.

"Happy Valentine's day!" She exclaimed, the little jiggly hearts on her pink headband bobbing up and down. Then she started to walk around the room, passing out little pink notes with lollipops or starbursts attached, announcing them loudly to the class as if people's love lives weren't private. 

"One for you, One for you, Ooooooh two for you....you got yourself a little love triangle, huh?" She teased someone in the back. Fatespeaker then made her way up to the front of the class. "Four for Qibli- you go Glenn Coco!" She giggled, passing a small pile of cards to Qibli. Then she walked up to Winter, and handed him his cards "two for you.."

He turned them around, barely believing his eyes. One of them had a blue raspberry lollipop and was Kinkajou's classic 'You're such a great friend!' Valentines which she started passing out last year, and usually ended up with more than half the school because apparently acquaintance and friend are the same thing. But the other one was different- it was from Moon. 

Stuck between two futures

Stuck between two worlds

Why must I choose

When my heart belongs to both?

He glanced over at Moon, who was reading a book and not even bothering to brush her long hair out of her face. Qibli was looking at her too - he was also holding a small pink card with a poem written on it. But Moon didn't notice either of them.

Winter waited for them to make eye contact, but she never lifted her head.

I decided that I needed to write more about the love triangle- I am still undecided, and am not really leaning more towards any of them (that includes Qinter) - but I'm gonna keep thinking about it. Byeeee!