Qibli plans a Parent Trap

At Pyrrhia high school, rumours travel fast. And when you're the principal's adopted son, you are usually one of the first to hear them. Everyone knew that Qibli was not a snitch and sometimes had inside information. So he was quick to hear about the Vice principal getting fired, an event that would turn out to be very important to a particular someone.

During homeroom almost a week before Moon's birthday party, one of the gossipy-est girls in the class, Sepia, bent over to him and said in a loud whisper: "did you hear about Mr. Dune? Like, how Thorn fired him?" Qibli looked at her in confusion. "...no"

Sepia smiled with mock surprise, and then spilled the tea. "Well, I don't know that much but I heard that he purposefully messed up some Junior's grades, and almost caused her to lose her college application draft-ON PURPOSE. I think the girl's name was Sunny or something, but it's a pretty big deal. And get this: I think they already found his replacement! I wonder who it is..."

Qibli just shrugged his shoulders. Dune had been in charge of overseeing all the school clubs and extracurricular activities in addition to being vice principal. Qibli was curious to see who the new hire was. Luckily, he didn't have to wait long, because a week later the new vice principal was introduced to Ms. Kestrel's homeroom.

Qibli was sitting at his desk, listening to his friends talk. It was the day after the frog dissections and Kestrel was late for the first time in forever. She finally waked in, 5 minutes after the bell rang, wearing her usual Good-morning-students-I-hate-every-one-of-you face. Behind her was a tall man with pale skin and black hair, scowling at the students as if he could see through each one of them and he was still disappointed.  

"alright misbegotten worms" began Kestrel in a bored voice. "This is your new vice principal. I would say to treat him with the same respect you would treat me with, but you losers have no regard for authority, so just shut up when you're around him. He will oversee all club activities and you may see him around the school often. Now get your materials ready for first period." 

Qibli raised his hand. "Ummm...what should we call him?" 

The new vice principal narrowed his eyes, his piercing stare of disapproval impaling Qibli. 

'My name" he began, "Is Morrowseer."

________________________________________________________________________________

"Relax moon, I bet there are plenty of people in the world named Morrowseer!" Qibli tried after class. Moon had decided to skip 1st period in a fit of panic. "Qibli....what? How many Morrowseers have YOU met?" He scratched his head. "One..." Moon gave him a wounded look. Ok, right, not the time Qibli. "That man might just be my father! My father who is so bad that we moved across the country to escape him! I need to know Qibli, I need to know!"

Qibli was not someone who often wanted to involve parents in his issues. But this was not his issue, and he would do anything for Moon. "well, there are two ways to know for sure... one is a DNA test." Moon sighed. "NO" 

"...and the other is getting your mother to see him."