Anemone Kardashian

Chapter dedicated to @RIPNAMIFOREVER-  

here is a chapter about picture day, as per your request! Sorry for not doing it earlier, but I was just looking for a good place to put it, and in the past week when I was sick in bed with a bad case of writer's block, I remembered this request and was finally able to write! Anyways, here it is:

Qibli looked at his refection in the school bathroom mirror, feeling so disappointed he almost laughed. It was picture day at Pyrrhia High, and Thorn had strongly insisted that Qibli look like a gentleman. Unfortunately for his self-esteem, one of the ways that she planned to make him look chivalrous was to force him to oil his hair back until he looked like a blond Steve Harrington. Qibli's hair was his proudest feature and should not be disrespected like this! Hmph.

He sat down on a  random chair and checked his watch. Thorn always brought him and Sunny, her biological daughter, to school early because she was the principal, which today meant he would have to wait for people to arrive. A few solitary students wandered the halls, but the school quickly began to fill up. Before he knew it, all his friends were here-except for Winter. Qibli's best friend had returned from the art program 3 days ago, definitely changed for the better; He seemed a little more upbeat and less cranky. But still, pretty much the normal amount of cranky that you would expect from Winter.

As if the thought had summoned him, Winter appeared in the doorway of the classroom only seconds later. At first he began to walk through the door majestically in his icy blue suit, but then he saw Qibli (more specifically his hair) and stopped, looking like a cat chocking on a really big hairball.

"You look..." He began.

"-Handsome?" Qibli finished teasingly.

...

"I was going to say hideous, and like a 3rd grader who just discovered hair gel for the first time, but I'll save my breath"

_______________________________________________________________________

"Alright everyone, tallest in the back, shortest in the front!" called one of the photographers. Qibli made his way up to near the top of the bleachers for the class photo-he was kind of medium height, just a little taller. The majority of his friends were clustered around as well, Moon and Turtle being one step lower and Winter and Peril one step higher. Poor Kinkajou was at the very bottom, but honestly didn't seem to care. She was probably the only person Qibli knew who saw something good in being petite.

The photographer lined up in front of the camera and was about to take a photo when a piercing shriek cut through the air. It came from over on the other side of the gym where a freshman girl was taking pictures. But not just any girl. Anemone. 

"Oh my gosh I'm gonna cry, my diamond earring!!!" Sobbed Turtle's sister. She fell to her knees melodramatically and began to search the ground. Qibli saw her class photographer roll his eyes. "Come on miss, we need to keep moving. Your classmates need to take their photos too. We'll look for your earring later."

Qibli inhaled sharply. Wow, that was just the wrong thing to say... he thought, feeling almost like he was watching a soap opera and wishing he had some popcorn to eat while enjoying the show. Just as he had predicted, Anemone whipped back around with an angry flip of her light pink hair. "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? Do you even KNOW who I am? I'll have you know my mother is famous, and I don't think you want to have a talk with her about how you RUINED my yearbook photo, do you?!?"

The photographer fidgeted nervously. "Well miss...umm...due to the camera angle, umm, your ear won't even be visible at all, and we can always just look for it after the photo is-"

"NO!" She screamed. "I demand you find my earring right now!"

The photographer was growing more and more impatient, looking like he was about to lash out at the girl holding up a line of 20 people because of an earring. And maybe he would have, if fate hadn't intervened at just that moment.

A message blasted loudly on the intercom, echoing through the gym:

ANEMONE, TURTLE, AND TSUNAMI WRITEMAN, PLEASE REPORT TO THE OFFICE IMMEDIATELY

Wow that was cringy. I'm sorry but I just woke up from a weeklong coma of writer's block, so after I fully recover, I will be able to write better chapters. Oof. Anyways, cLiFfHaNgEr...