Ch. 32

I'm having a really crappy day, and have been stuck in bed with a migraine, and I was SO BORED that I typed up like four chapters of this in one sitting.

So.

Enjoy.

Peter woke up to a hushed voice from the living room, as hushed as possible while still yelling.

If that made sense.

He was too tired to think.

Glancing down, he noticed the pallet was empty, and he swung his legs over the side of the bed, resting his face in his hands.

"Hey."

Peter looked up to find Harley watching him, leaned against the doorframe. "It's Saturday, so I've got nowhere else to be, and I figured you'd like a distraction, so we could watch chick flicks til we pass out again. Sound good to you?"

"Yes please. Is May yelling at someone?"

"Yeah." Harley moved over to sit on the bed, one leg curled under him. "She called Tony, and is currently leaving a very irate voicemail."

Peter shot up from the bed, sprinting down the hall to where May was ranting angrily into the phone.

"And to top it all off, you're ignoring him! I don't know what's going on, Tony, but I don't like it, and I'm not okay with it. This is not a laughing matter, so if you even think about brushing me off again, I will-" May broke off as she noticed Peter watching her. "Oh, hey sweetheart." She turned back to the phone. "I will come over there and murder you myself. Got it?"

Angrily stabbing the end call button, May huffed, turning to smile tightly at her nephew. "I made pancakes."

"Correction," Harley ducked out from behind Peter, holding a finger up. "We made pancakes."

"Don't you start with me, mister. You sat there and ate my blueberries. That doesn't construe as 'helping'."

"I offered valuable insight into the world of cooking," Harley mumbled.

"You ate my blueberries."

Peter moved forward to hug May, arms wrapping around her waist, and face pressed to her shoulder. "Love you."

"I know."

He pulled back to stare at her, affronted. "Did you just Han Solo me?"

She smirked sweetly, spinning on her heel to head towards the kitchen. "Maybe. Maybe not."

Harley grabbed his arm before he could follow, pushing him back I'm the direction of his room. "Get dressed in actual pajamas, then get blankets and pillows. We're making a blanket fort. Oh, and Ned's coming too."

Peter nodded tiredly, hurrying to cooperate so he could collapse on the couch.

Harley did most of the work, setting up a blanket fort that would be big enough for three teens and an adult.

Comfortably, which was quite the feat.

Ned arrived just as the pancakes were finished, and they all piled into a warm huddle, everyone tangled with everyone else until they couldn't tell where one ended, and the others began.

They collectively agreed on a movie, putting in The Princess Bride with matching grins.

Harley flourished an imaginary sword at Ned. "As I am only waiting around to kill you."

"Yes, that does put a bit of a damper on our relationship," Ned replied in a serious voice before lunging with a curtain rod, and forcing Harley to block with a lamp.

"Boys," May said playfully. "Don't break my house."

"Sorry Aunt May!" They chorused.

Peter watched with a tired smile as they dropped back down to continue watching.

Harley nudged Peter's shoulder, leaning in to whisper. "You doing better?"

He offered a small nod, and the other teen seemed to understand.

They kept watching, and eventually Peter started mouthing the lines along with the characters.

'He's only mostly dead, which means he's still a little bit alive. Now if they're all dead, there's only one thing you can do. Go through their pockets and search for loose change."

'I make him better, Humperdinck suffers?'
'Humiliations galore.'
'Gimme the 65, I'll do it."

At the end of the movie Peter leaned over, nudging Ned's arm. "Hey Ned."

When his friend looked up inquisitively, he grinned. "Have you ever considered piracy?"

"Oh shut up."

Seems I'm on a writing binge, as I wrote this within minutes of finishing and posting last chapter.

Lucky for you guys, amiright?

You know the drill, comment/vote if you enjoyed!