CHAPTER 3

_________

"Doubt thou the stars are fire;

 Doubt that the sun doth move;

Doubt truth to be a liar;

But never doubt I love...", rendered Ms. Rebecca Jason;  all of sudden came a tap on the door.

"Who is it?", she called out. 

 First, a head popped in then came the whole body; it was a boy, the face was partly covered with his hair. 

"Ms. Rebecca, sorry to interrupt; I am the new student, Mrs. Lawrence might have mentioned earlier, today", said Krist with a slight touch of courtesy.

" Oh yes", said Ms.Rebecca, then turned to the class and said;" here's a new member  for you."

All the twenty-four students cheered for their new classmate.

"Krist, you'll have to introduce yourself to your friends."

Krist adjusted his collar, ruffled his hair, and then started to talk.

"Hey, everyone", he scanned each and everyone in the room with his eyes, then continued;  " My name is Krist, Ms. Rebecca has mentioned earlier, I  moved into the town recently as my dad got appointed as the Head Post Officer. My mom, she does charity work, organize campaigns, all those kind of kinds of stuff. I am entirely different, I love gadgets and have some cool handmade stuff with me. Video game..s, social media, basket..ball  and certainly studies, yah ..  that's  all about me." Krist finished with a complacent smile.

The class too was satisfied,  boys have got a new set of playstation to explore.

"Soon you'll get to know the entire class Krist, now you may take your seat." Ms. Rebecca then pointed to an empty chair. 

****

Literature was over and Ms. Rebecca left.

Tim and Hether joined Krist to befriend him, hope it was not for his playstation.

"Lil, Krist seems cool", said Techna, and looked Krist through the corner of her eye.

"Hmm" , Lily was not interested in the new boy, she had her mind on 'the missing cup'. 

Lily, Techna, and Nance were seated at the right end of the class, next to the window. No one was near them, thus they can't be heard. Nance was the first to put up the topic, she too was pondering over it.

"Nance, if the man or boy, whom we saw yesterday did take the 'Cup', why would he try to break into the security room ?.. The 'Cup' was looked up in a glass cupboard in the 'Hall of Fame', and there are many more valuable things to take from the hall, isn't it?". Lily was cautious that she kept her voice low.

"You are right Lil about the 'Cup' , it is in the Hall of Fame, is there a surveillance camera in there?"

"No Nance, there isn't, but there is one at the entrance but none inside", Techna was a keen observer.

The three turned silent as Krist moved towards them.

"Looks like you three have no interest in me", Krist said giggling.

"You are not going to disappear all of sudden right?", Nance was trying to make a joke.

"Sorry about that, I am Lily, this is Nance and Techna ", said Lily and pointed to the two.

"Good to meet you girls", Krist always had that charm in him when he was around girls.

Mrs. Lawrence entered the class and everyone started to take their seats.

" See you girls around", Krist said and walked to his seat.

"Looks like a fine boy ", Lily and Nance nodded to Techna.

_________________

TO BE CONTINUED...