CHAPTER 7

"School lab is cool", Krist entered the class talking to Tim.

"Yeah... and with Mrs. Whither we can explore anything we want; unless we break a thing, it's fine for her", said Tim.

Krist saw his bag closed and it was not in the position he left. He did leave the bag open purposely as if to see anyone tried to see into it. He then looked at the three girls.

"Your bag fell down; I picked up things that dropped out of it and put them back  in", Techna paused to see the terror on his face, then continued, " By the way your mask looks amazing."

Krist froze, he didn't raise his head. He tried hard to come up with some words and finally said, " What mask?". He tried to sound and look guiltless but failed desperately.

" Krist no need to hide, we know, don't make an issue now ", said Nance.

"After class Krist, after rest of the students leave", said Lily.

Krist lost it all together, he looked distressed.

 ********

The class was over and all the students left except the three students and the 'Stranger ', who came unexpectedly to their lives. He was now the culprit of a theft.

Krist sat motionless, maybe he was trying to make up a story or was completely blanked out.

"It was you right ?", Lily asked.

Krist didn't reply.

"We know it's you Krist", Techna said.

Krist finally opened his mouth.

"Yes it was me ", he turned pale and put his hands onto his face.

"What was it for?, did you steal 'The Warrior's Cup' ?", Lily had so much to ask and so did her two friends.

Krist turned even more subtle.

Nance got annoyed and said, "Krist are you gonna open that mouth of your's?".

"Fine, I will explain everything, but before that promise me  you three won't disclose this to your friends or anyone else in the school", Krist said.

Lily glanced at the other two and said, " We won't, it's a promise, until and unless the police find out; we won't say a word."

"We won't",repeated Techna and Nance.

Krist started;

"My home town is Citadelbay. I was born and bought up there in a family of people who only grew to work in a Post Office. The females were given another option, to work in the town school as a teacher. My mom is a teacher at Citadelbay High School. I and my dad moved into this town as he got transferred. You might have heard the name Citadelbay in news, last year a fraud took place in the Post Office."

Lily sure did hear the name Citadelbay and now she recognizes it, her uncle had mentioned to her about this fraud.

Krist continued, "The Citadel High School usually sent their important documents through the post to the Educational Head Quarters; students id, their address, parents credentials .. all those kinds of stuff. Someone in the Post Office sold those details to a cyberbank .. they were those cyber thieves who sold data and made money. One day a child was kidnapped from the town and the kidnappers asked for ransom threatening to kill the child. Somehow they got the child back safe. When cops investigated they found out that the details of the child and family were sold to those 'cybergangs' by the Post Office. Through further investigation, a post office official was arrested and sent to prison. My dad was suspended for helping him."

Krist paused to breathe in some air. 

"After about six months he got posted in your town as the Head Postal Officer. Now begins the real part. Two days ago , a guy  called soon after we moved in. It was a satellite call, the one which you don't see any regional number, it was from the 'cybergang'. They threatened my father and asked him to do whatever they say or else they would kill me, they were watching our every move. Their people were outside our house. The first thing they said was to get into the security room of Pentaville High School and I had to do it. My dad tried to convince them but they didn't change a word they asked to do."

Krist was guilty.

"So, you know the rest I tried to break in but couldn't ... I did have a pistol with me, dad gave .. just in case .. you know if they try to harm me...", Krist had nothing more to say.

" That's it ?.. so the 'Cup'..?", asked Nance.

" No, it was not me nor my dad.", Krist sounded serious for the first time.

" Then.. did they ask you to do anything else?", asked Lily.

"No, after that they never called us, and those people outside our house too left."

" Wow .. amazing, so you just tried to break in that's it?", Techna grudged.

"Yes", Krist said.

"Do you still think I am the one who stole the 'Cup', I don't even what that thing looks like .. school is doing some investigation along with police... I know, they will find out that I didn't do it", Krist was trying to justify his deed like a kid.

He got up came close to Lily and said looking into her eyes," This is my confession in front of you, the moment I saw you I knew you were special for me, and you are someone who seeks the path of wisdom, that's the reason why you are giving me a chance to justify myself. Come searching for me .. I'll be long gone before you open your eyes,  you got into my head girl. Believe me, you are special for me ... Please don't turn away when you hear my flaws.' ".

Nance and Techna did hear all this but just like Lily they too didn't know what he meant by his 'confession'.

"Fine, it's already late you can go now Krist, we too are leaving", Lily said after few seconds  when no one talked nor asked anymore question.

"Don't forget your promise", Krist said before leaving.

"WE WON'T ", said the three girls annoyed.

They looked at each other for a few seconds and decided it was better to just go back to their homes and worry about this later.

Krist looks innocent, but is he really?

'Who took the Warrior's Cup?'

________________

TO BE CONTINUED...