CHAPTER 5

The sun elevated to its position swiftly. Lily had no time to waste, her mind was packed with things. She was muddling with her school things, ultimately she ended up packing her bag and left downstairs.

Downstairs, aunt Roslina was busy dressing Andy and John for school. Peter is playing with his toys.Mr. Adndrew left early.

"Lil, your breakfast is on the table", said Roslina, rushing into the kitchen and was heading back to Andy in no time.

Lily ate a slice of bread; she then dashed to her aunt to say goodbye and left for school. Just as she got out of her house Techna and Nance joined her.

"Morning Lil ", Techna bawled, it was so loud that an old man passing by literally stopped and turned back to look at her with loath.

"Can you ever stop doing this..?", asked Lily.

Techna smirked. The three started their twenty minutes walk to school. They have been walking this same walk for the past six years. Usually, they gabbed about the school, their family stuff, or gossips, but today they had much more important things to talk about.

"Could it be Krist?", Nance asked.

"But why would he, we can't doubt him with just a wristlet ", Lily was sure that it was not Krist.

"Let's see Tech, whether you were right."

They increased the pace of their walk.

"Do you know that Ms. Rebecca is getting married? ", asked Lily.

"No", replied Tech and Nance simultaneously. They were surprised, Ms. Rebecca was not so old, she was probably in her mid-twenties. She came to their school for teaching Literature and this is her third year.

"Aunt Rose told me yesterday about  it ."

They continued their chatter until they reached school. Students were walking their way inside, on the right side of the gate was the basketball court, it was occupied with the school team doing their year-long sessions; they're pretty good and had won runner up's in last summer championships. On the left was the band, you can see the drummer guy sitting in intact position every time you walk across, the clarinet player would never stop. To be honest the band is terrible. Every year the Annual Music contest takes place and Pentaville High School always came second from the 'bottom', guess there is some other band worse than this.

Lily, Nance, and Techna didn't wait for other girls to join, they directly headed to their classroom to see if Krist has arrived. 

Yes he did, he was seated in his place and was writing something.  The three were walking to their places and their six eyes where fixed at the silver thing on his right hand. Techna stared at it for some time and nodded a 'yes' to Lily and Nance.

"Morning girls .., why are you three staring at me?", Krist asked nervously.

"Did you...", Lily signaled Techna to shut her mouth. Techna went quiet.

" Did I .. what were you asking Tech?", Krist tried to sound cool, but he was sweating, ' the sign that he was hiding something .'

" Nothing Krist. I was asking whether you... Um ... completed your notes", Techna said stubbornly. Anyone who heard this can definitely make out that she was about to ask something else.

Lily caught Techna's hand and immediately left. Nance was left face to face with Krist.

"Hm... Techna's a bit insane, never mind you continue with your work ", Nance grinned like a Chesire cat and left, to follow Lily and Techna.

"How could you leave me alone with him", yelled Nance at Lily and Techna.

"I just wanted to get away with this dumbo before she utters anymore words...", said Lily gawking at Techna.

Techna tried to keep cool but Lily was steaming at her.

"Lil, why did stop Tech, we should have asked him ", said Nance.

" NO. Nance, we can't ask him now, just because Tech said she saw the same silver wristlet on Krist..., we need more evidence", the two didn't understand why Lily sounded like a detective.

" Evidence? what else do you need?", asked Techna annoyingly.

" I mean... let's wait, as I told earlier let's watch his moves and then come to a conclusion", said Lily at a slow pace.

" Fine Lil", Techna left to the class saying this.

" Tech... wait, never mind Lil she has always been like this", Nance said to Techna.

The first bell rang and it was time for them to head to class. Mrs. Lawrence was their first period. Usually, the whole class dozed while Mrs. Lawrence taught about triangles, who would like to learn about that three-sided figure. As every year passes the chapter of the triangle gets larger; and then there is trigonometry, sin .. cos.. tan, etc. The calculus Differentiation lecture is a lullaby for the class. Mrs. Lawrence is great at putting the class to sleep.

Mrs. Lawrence started her boring lecture, who would give lectures about topics in math. The only blessing the students had was she would never pick you up if she sees you dozing. Her classes were meant for those studious students seated at the front row.

_________

TO BE CONTINUED..