CHAPTER 10

The sunshine struck Lily's face and she opened her eyes. The morning looked bright;  no clouds hovered in the sky. She got out of the bed and dashed to get ready, her clothes had been kept set beside her bed. 

Lily put on her jacket, took her packed bag, and left downstairs. She sat on the chair in the dining room.

Techna rang the bell and aunt Roslina went to open the door.

"Morning Aunt Roslina", greeted Techna and Nance.

"Morning girls, come in, Lil's having breakfast", said Roslina.

Techna and Nance got in. They joined Lily at the table. Roslina served them hot chocolate, she then packed sandwiches and gave it to Lily.

"Here are some sandwiches, have them."

"Thanks, Rose", said Nance.

Roslina smiled and went back to the kitchen. Peter, Andy, and John were playing in their room. Uncle was busy gardening his ever-growing bushes. You can find diverse plants in the backyard. During weekends uncle usually does things like these, later the family goes out for fishing or to the nearby beach. Lily does join them but she likes hanging out with Techna and Nance.

"Lil, I had booked the bus tickets online, we have to reach at the bus stop by 10:40", said Techna.

"You booked, good so that time is saved ", said Lily.

After about twenty minutes they left the house. They had to walk fifteen minutes to get to the Pentaville town bus stop. By 10: 50 the bus arrived and they got in. 

"Hope the bus doesn't take much time to reach", Lily said and texted her aunt they have taken the town bus.

"Yup", Techna replied and put her earpods on.

Nance and Lily babbled on.

Lily's mind wanders as she speaks. Did she take the wrong decision, venturing after Krist, what if he is a thief, a scoundrel? Anyway, she was going to find out.

The bus came to a halt after forty minutes. The three got out at the Citadelbay Town bus stop. They don't have the slightest idea where they can find Krist. They decided to walk through the streets for some time and then head towards the town Post Office.  

"Do you think we can get Krist's address if we go to the Post Office?", asked Nance.

"Hope ", Techna shrugged.

"What if he doesn't have any contact with the Post Office, don't you remember from the school they said Krist was using fake documents", asked Lily.

Techna and Nance looked bewildered as if they realized something all of sudden and Techna was the one who threw it out,

"What if he's not from Citadelbay?"

Lily paused and then it hit her. Techna was right, what if Krist made up the story that he's from Citadelbay.

"Let's just walk around and ask some people if they know a guy named Krist?", Nance said and walked forward.

Lily's heart sank and she felt frustrated for bringing her friends and ruining their weekend.

The three continued to walk. They met a teenager, he looked like he was their age. Techna looked at Lily as if asking for an agreement.

"Hey... do you know a guy named Krist, he lives here somewhere?", Techna managed not to sound stupid.

The guy raised his eyebrow and finally said," Krist... I don't know ; what's his last name?"

Techna looked at Lily and Nance.