CHAPTER 11

"I'll explain everything to you, come with me", Krist said.

" We have been walking behind you for a 'decade', where are you taking us?", Techna yelled at him.

Krist laughed and said, "WE. have reached Tech."

He pointed to a grey building, it had a board with these words inscribed on it: 'Long Forgotten Heroes'.

"What is this place?", asked Lily.

" Come in, this is my home and my dad stays here", Krist said shrugging his shoulders.

" Is this a soldier rehab center?", asked Nance.

"NO... but there are ex-army men here, they spent time with the people in here", Krist replied and opened the door. 

The place looked beautiful, the entrance door leads through a hallway which had pictures on both sides. Pictures were of matches , championships and tournaments . In every picture, there were smiling figures that stood with their rewards and below those souvenirs, there were names and places where all those events took place. 

The hallway was long and finally 'it' came to an end; not the hallway but those happy figures in the pictures, now either side of the hallway there were photographs, paper cuttings of fatal incidents, the one that the whole town and the nation remembers, there were photographs of the lost matches, championships, and tournaments, the people in those figures looked devastated. Famous physiques were among them.

 Lily noticed Pentaville High School is one of them. The championship which was fought for the 'Warrior's Cup'. She wondered why was it  broached up in here, and then it struck her unanticipated; the championship that took place three decades ago was between Pentaville and Citadelbay High Schools. Citadelbay lost and had to face cosmic embarrassment. 

These tales of loss and triumph were well known to the entire town. 

The hallway led to a vast area; it reckoned about twenty to thirty people, all aged in their fifties or so.

"This is my family", Krist said to Lily, Techna, and Nance who stood still perceiving the views in front of their eyes. Five to six people were seated in their wheelchairs, some had their hands amputated and some people looked mentally retarded. The three girls stumbled upon seeing all such dilemmas.

Krist then walked across to a man who was seated near the window of the room, he was eagerly gazing outside as if waiting for someone.

"This is my dad", Krist said and knelt down and held the man's hand.

The man suddenly turned to face them; he was Derick Shaw, former basketball champion in his teenage. Lily recognized his face in one of the pictures from the hallway, he was the one who led Citadelbay High School; in the championship, they lost the 'Warrior's Cup'.

"Did you bring it? why does it take too long?", Derick asked looking at the girls and turned back at the window.

"Dad they are my friends; Lily, Techna, and Nance", Krist said pointing to the three girls who stood baffled.

"Oh.. good to see you, did you see a guy caring a big parcel on your way?", Krist's dad asked.

Lily looked at Krist.

"No dad they didn't dad, come we'll go outside", Krist said a got up to his feet.

The three girls followed him to exit the room.

They sat on the bench placed outside.

"What is this place? What happened to your dad?", Lily asked.