CHAPTER 6

_______

There are about ten minutes before the next class start. Krist looked tensed and often took a quick glance at Lily, Techna, and Nance one by one. They too watched him. His face tried hard to hide the fact that he was the one who tried to break into the security room. Krist's bag lay beside him motionless and wide open.

Nance was the first to notice, the wristlet in Krist's hand was gone.

Nance wrote a note and passed it to Lily who sat in front of her.

The note read: ' See Krist's right arm.'

Lily read the note and passed it to Techna.

Lily then swiftly turned to Nance and passed a book over to her, while she turned back she took a quick glance at Krist's arm. She didn't want him to notice.

'Yes', the wristlet was gone.

By then Techna turned and sat staring at Krist with stupefaction.

Lily kicked Techna from behind and leaned forward to say, "Stop staring ".

Techna promptly turned forward.

Mrs. Whither entered the class; she was their practical teacher and the class had a certain fondness towards her.

"Students who missed the practical session or couldn't attend it can come with me to the lab now and the rest of you can be here and practice your theory", said Mrs. Whither and left to the lab.

Some students were not able to attend the practicals before summer and guess what Krist was one of them. He took his books and left with others. While he was about to get out of the class he peeped to see his bag as if he was scared to leave it alone.

Lily did see that. Only about ten students were left. Some of them went to see the experiment once more; 'those studious ones'. Lily, Techna, and Nance stayed back.

Krist sat parallel to Lily and there was only a row in middle of them.

Krist's bag was unclosed. Techna went close by as if taking a stroll around the class, Without alerting the rest seven students she knocked the bag off to the floor. The sound caught their attention and seeing it was just a bag falling they turned back to their works.

" Sorry, didn't see", Techna made sure she was loud enough so that no one had any doubt she was trying to hunt Krist's bag.

Techna started picking up things and throwing it back into the bag. Lily and Nance watched closely. She couldn't find the silver wristlet but she did find something more engrossing.

'A Mask'. She took it in her and indicated it to Lily and Nance.

'Yes', it was the mask they saw a day ago. It had white drawings of a skull and the word ' ME' embedded on it.

Techna quickly threw the mask and rest of the things back into the bag, placed it on Krist's seat, and back to her seat.

Lily, Techna, and Nance looked at each other and nodded with authentication.

Lily was wrong .. so was Nance and Techna. It was Krist who tried to break in?... he had a gun with him? .. did he steal 'The Warrior's Cup' too?.

__________

TO BE CONTINUED...