CHAPTER 4

__________

Lily was worn out after school; she went to her room, took out her books, and sat on her bed analyzing the events that took place at school. 

***

It was night and the family was having dinner. Lily's uncle sat at the head of the table, next to him on his right sat aunt Roslina and on his left was Andy and John. Lily sat with Peter beside his feeding chair. The aroma of roasted steak filled the room and everyone was engaged in chatter besides having their food. "The Warrior's Cup was stolen last night, didn't you hear Lil ?", it was her uncle who reminded Lily the topic 'again', she was peacefully feeding Peter his poridge.

"Yes, the Head mentioned to us about it, and he must have informed you that .. we;  me,  Nance and Techna .., we saw a man trying to break into the security room yesterday, Techna set the emergency alarm on and he ran away,  we have explained to Mr. D'souz what happened and he said, we were the only witness."

Roslina looked startled and turned at her husband, and asked him to give a precise acknowledgment of things.

"Rose, there is nothing to fear; the girls surely did see a man trying to break in. Mr. D'souz had mentioned to me this evening while I was at the bowling club, and Lil is right, the 'Cup' is missing. He said to be quit about this and the school doesn't want to attract any media. They are trying to gather evidence. The police have been informed."

"Hope they find it soon", said Roslina.

"What did the Doc say about Peter, is it again indigestion ?", asked Lily and patted Peter on his shoulder.'"

" Yes, and he told, not to feed him anymore chocolates or candies."

Poor Peter no more candies for him.

Dinner was over and Lily went to help Andy finish his homework. Andy was ten years old and always topped his class. He was not interested in video games or cartoons, he loved to read books. Andy probably had read more books than Lily.Lily was the one who helped him in his studies. Aunt Rose would be busy with her work; and taking care of Peter and John was not an easy task. John was five and was learning to write his first sentence.

Lily was done for today so she went to her room,  completed her Literature assignment which Ms. Rebecca gave, and settled to write her diary. Lily then noticed her mobile she left beside the table, she took it in her hand. She saw a missed call from Techna, Lily then dialed Techna's number and settled down on her bed. 

"Hey Tech, I was downstairs.., is there anything wrong?"

"Yah Lil.., I was recalling what happened yesterday and..", Techna didn't know whether to continue.

"What's it Tech, did you find anyhting?", Lily was curious.

"Hmm.. yes, but I'm not sure about it."

"Are you going say it?", asked Lily with frustration.

"Lil.., I noticed the pistol he had with him and there was one more thing..  he had had a silver wristlet in his right hand ... it was quiet unique, and today I saw that wristlet."

"Where did you see it", asked Lily surprised.

" That exactly what's worrying me. I saw it in Krist's hand .. also it was in his right", Techna went silent.

Lily didn't know what to say.

"Are you sure .. it was the same..?..  but Krist ", Lily too was confused.

"I am not sure.. but Krist does have the same wristlet. But that doesn't mean he was the one we saw... will it?"

"Oh. Tech, I don't think Krist would have done that.., moreover why would he?"

"I told this to Nance and she too doesn't think it wolud be Krist", said Techna.

"Let's see tomorrow, we'll keep an eye on him till you confirm that; the silver wristlet you saw is the same", Lily knew nothing more to say.

And here's one more thing to fret about for Lily. She turned the lights off.

 The rays of the moon glimmered through the attic window. It vaguely lit up the room. The moon glistened her eyes. She kept it open and visualized how her life would have been if her parents were breathing, she longed for a mother's endearment. Her thoughts drifted from her long lost parents to her existing life. Her eyes were weary, it tried to stay open but eventually, the slit narrowed and Lily moved into a profound slumber.

____________

TO BE CONTINUED...