verse 2

커피가 진했나 봐 카페인 탓을 하지 너 땜에 이런 건 아냐 (Maybe the coffee was too strong, I blame the caffeine, its not because of you)

(a/n: i deadass have no idea what this line means but im just gonna relate it to a cooking incident lmao)

coffee wasnt my thing. neither was tea. coffee gave me random spurts of energy and then drained me and tea simply didnt tase good. id rather have a milkshake or something. i loved how you still made efforts to have me try coffee. you swore your coffee was different from the others, and to be honest, it was more bearable than other coffees.

"i made you coffee, wake up." you rubbed the top of my head and kissed my forehead. i groaned with my eyes closed in response and you giggled which made me smile.

i got up and you tried to kiss me.

"bro, morning breath." i said and made my way to the bathroom slowly.

"yah, stop calling me 'bro'," you walked closer to me and backhugged me. "im your girlfriend."

i chuckled and turned around, still in a hugging position. "my pre-wife." i cupped your face and you laughed, pushing me away.

"go brush your teeth, 'bro'." you mocked me and went to the kitchen.

20 minutes had passed and i went to the kitchen. she made herself bacon and eggs and i had pulled out the cheerios cereal and cold milk.

you laughed as i poured the milk on top of the cereal, as it should be.

"what?" i chuckled along and took a bite.

"you have the pallet of a 6 year old."

"you dont have to be a certain age to like cereal."

"drink your coffee." you pushed it towards me.

"but, i dont like coffee. it's too strong."

"alright, ill just dump it." you grabbed it and almost put in the sink. i sighed.

"fine, give it." even with your back facing me, i knew you were smiling. dork.

you gave me the black mug and i took a sip. horrible. i hate coffee. but knowing you made it just for me, made it a bit better. of course the strong and bitter taste was still in the back of my throat, the caffeine was overbearing and the heat was burning the inside of my mouth, i tried my hardest not to make a face.

"i like it, baby." i said with a smile.

"really?" you looked at me with hopeful eyes which made me grin.

"yeah, i love it, thank you." i said truthfully and kissed the top of your head.

책을 또 펼쳐 봐도 눈에 잘 안 들어와 멍하니 베개만 안아 본다 (I open my book but I can't read, I just hold a pillow)

not only did the breakup truly disappoint me and was the reason i was clinically depressed, but we broke up during school time, which means that i still had to go to school and study and see him. thanks to you, i havent been doing my college preparations and my clients have been asking me for homework but i told them i was dealing with stuff. you probably didnt know this but i gained money by doing people's homework and selling drugs, the drugs part only lowkey though.

the book was 'the great gatsby', and we had to write an essay about it during break and hand it in the very first day of senior day. reading it, i would be reminded of the memories of me trying to do my homework while you distract me. i unconsciously smiled at the memories and your infamous lines to get me to pay attention to you.