why?!

your pov:

i sent her the letter a week ago. nothing has changed. i didnt know what to expect when i sent her the letter. was i expecting her to come by my house and apologize? was i expecting her to write back? or was i expecting myself to feel as if ive moved on?

oh well, none of that has happened. she was still with jungkook, she hasn't written me back nor has she contacted me and i still havent moved on.

i guess they were right. "no sana, no life" is true. i was laying on my bed and dohyon, my brother, knocked on my door.

"y/n?" he opened the door slightly. "lunch is ready."

"i'm not hungry." i mumbled as i stared at my ceiling. he sighed and closed the door. moments later, i heard heavier footsteps and immediately recognized them to be from my father.

"y/n." he said as he opened the door and saw my state. he looked around my room with a disappointed look on his face.

essay papers scattered across my desk, my blanket was half on the floor, half on the bed, and the smell was just...

"y/n, you need to eat. you haven't eaten since sunday." he said as he was looking at me woth furrowed eyebrows.

i groaned in response. he sighed and walked to my bed. he sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the floor with a chuckle. i was confused but didnt show it on my face. usually he would put the food on my desk when i was asleep, which i ate from but only a few bites then abandoned the meal.

"i understand." he said after a while of just sitting. "i understand what youre going through. you feel like your happiness has been stolen from you. like you have no will to live without them. you remember that once you wake up from a depressing evening, you would not see them right by your side, smiling as theyve been staring at you sleep. i know that feeling all too well."

my father was on the brink of tears, which made me sit up and pat his back as a sign of comfort. sana used to do it.

"youre in denial at first, thinking this is all a dream and that when you wake up and tell them about it, theyll comfort you and promise you that theyd never leave your side. but then, after a while, the realization hits that they are truly gone and that there is nothing you can do about it." he was tearing up and his voice was slightly quivering. my father never opened up to us, he never allowed himself to break down. i guess he trusted me as his eldest.

"thats what we have in common, y/n." he looked at me and i was surprised. "our soulmates have departed from our lives." i looked down as memories of sana flooded in my head.

"but there is a difference." my head shot up to look at him with my dumbfounded eyes. "my soulmate has passed, yours has just slipped away from your hands. it was a mistake, it never shouldve happened. i realized that a few months after i knew that i still had kids to take care of and couldnt possibly give you a parental role at 12. i still dont know how you took care of a 9 year old boy and 4 year old twins. i appreciate it."

"yeah," i cleared my throat as my raspy voice came out. "no worries, dad."

"i knew that your mother wouldve wanted me to move on and continue with my life. im pretty sure sana wants you to move on. you need to show her that you are doing great without her." he put his hand on my shoulder.

"but dad..." i said and he looked at me with his eyebrows raised, signaling me to continue. "i sent her a letter a week ago but how im doing without her and i told her i was doing bad without her."

"well, what can you do, huh? maybe it was destined for you to send that letter. but its been a week, show her youve improved in a week." he said and i slightly nodded. "this isnt for her, this is for you."