chapter one

hey ali

hey grace

-

"that is it for today's stream guys! thank you all for watching and I'll see you soon!"

I smiled as I logged off of twitch after successfully beating minecraft without dying in my record time of 47 minutes 26 seconds exactly. today was one of my best streams with about 700 viewers total. I first started streaming two months ago when I moved in with my roommate val. we live in a two-bedroom apartment right in the middle of los angeles, california.

I sat down on my bed and checked the clock. it was only 9 pm so I went onto the twitch app on my laptop to find something to kill the time.

*dreamwastaken is live and playing minecraft*

dream is a streamer I usually put on in the background when I want to watch something lighthearted and laugh or when I am planning for one of my streams. I joined the stream and picked up my phone to scroll through twitter. my attention was quickly taken away from the scream compilation someone had made for me from tonight when I heard a voice unfamiliar coming from my laptop.

"SAPNAP HELP ME! HE'S RIGHT THERE!" the voice screamed. I could barely make out the words due to the crackling of the mic. I pulled my laptop closer to me so I could look in the chat in hopes of learning something about who this was. dream's voice cut into my head as I was reading

"c'mere George!! COME HERE." when I looked back to the video dream was chasing after who I assumed was the mystery boy because of the ear piercing screaming still coming through my speakers.

"sapnap seriously you need to help me he has FULL IRON I have literally NOTHING." his voice was almost drowned out by the wheezing of dream in the background, but not before I could pick up on his out of place british accent. the wheezing and screaming only got louder when dream finally manged to kill mystery boy which gave me the opportunity to see his gamertag.

georgenotfound.

interesting choice I thought as I chuckled to myself. I looked back to the screen and saw that, per usual, dream had gotten away and was back on to his task of finding a lava pool. It was when I saw a donation on the screen that I got an idea. dream's streams had always made me laugh so I thought tonight would be the perfect night to tell him. I quickly jumped up to grab my wallet as he was reading the previous donation. I typed up my paragraph and submitted my $10 donation. then I heard the computer read the message.

"hey dream! thanks for never failing to make me laugh with your streams, I wish I could find the end portal even half as fast as you. but if you guys ever need an extra player, feel free to send me a message ;)" dream laughed and then responded.

"thank you for the ten y/ntheballer. oh hey! I've watched your streams before. you can make a mean regen potion in record time. If I ever need anyone I'll be sure to let you know."

I stared at my computer in shock after hearing his response. he has seen MY STREAMS?  I thought about all the embarrassing and unnecessary deaths from me not paying attention and winced at all the dumb things I had ever said that made me look like an absolute idiot. I laughed at myself but quickly forgot about as I watched the rest of the stream. after it had ended, I went onto twitter and followed the boys from tonights stream.

I felt my phone buzz and looked down to see three twitter notifications

*DreamWasTaken followed you!*

*sapnap followed you!*

*GeorgeNotFound followed you!*