chapter ten

eleanor: alright everyone. its time for the planning to begin.

-
y/n: WAIT what are we doing omg

eleanor: y/n...

y/n: WHAT???:!?

bella: we are planning on going to texas and surprising sapnap for his birthday

y/n: thanks bella

val: ANYWAYS... who's all in this gc?

eleanor: uhhhh let me check

eleanor: ok um we have val, bella, me, clay, y/n, george, and tommy :)

y/n: can we plan later i have to sleeeeppppp

val: ok goodnight bb ily <3

y/n: shut up.

i turn off my phone, turn on my ringer, and set up an alarm for ten. i go into my bathroom and wash my face, doing my skincare routine, then brush my teeth. i change into my pajamas and hop into bed. i scroll through tiktok until my eyes start to feel heavy. i put my phone on my nightstand and doze off.

-

i got awaken by the dreaded alarm sound. i groaned and press snooze. i easily fell back asleep until the snooze alarm goes off and i finally get out of bed. i went to the kitchen, hoping to see val. as i expected i see val in the kitchen, on her phone.

"good morning val" i say, smiling.

i see her look up from her phone, and smile back at me.

"morning y/n"

i hear the toaster pop up, and see waffles sticking up from inside of it. val walked over to the toaster taking the eggos out and puts them on plate, pouring syrup on the side. i cant help but look when her phone lights up with a notification from dream. oh?

"oooohhh vallll... why do you have a dm notification from dream?"

i tease her, causing her to blush.

"it's nothing! it's probably just about the surprise party." she stutters.

"whatever you say."

with that, i feed nala and quickly made myself a bagel before going back to my room. i started setting up for the stream. it was just going to be a chill stream where i build and talk with chat.

i noticed a pimple starting to form on my cheek. i groaned internally at the timing, right before i stream. i went to put on some concealer, but i got carried away and put on some other makeup including a winged eyeliner, mascara, and blush.

i went to val's room and told her i'm about to go stream, she just looked up from her phone and said a simple "ok". i left the room and go to my setup. i saw nala sitting on my bed so i went over there and pet her for a few minutes. i took a photo of her, posting it on twitter saying that i was about to stream.

i sat down on my chair and started the stream.

"hey everyone! today is just going to be a chill stream, so just relax and get cozy."

i read through the donations, laughing at some, and thanking everyone that donated. while i interact with chat i started gathering stone and materials for my build. i had to fufill the promise of making the dreamteam as statues.

after awhile i decide i have enough materials and began to try a spot to put the statues. i found a nice area near my cafe and begin to start placing blocks. i had to do a few trial and errors until i finally got a design i like. i back away so i can see the whole structure. i smiled and look at my facecam,

"what are we thinking chat?"

i look over at the chat to see them spamming things like "it looks good" or "nice". i just laugh and thank them. suddenly the robotic voice starts talking.

"i look good here ;)"

i see the donation is from sapnap, i laugh and respond. "shutup" i say, rolling my eyes.
i look at the chat spamming sapnap's name.

i continue to talk to the stream, but i look to see that i've been on for two hours so i'd decide to end it. after i said goodbye to the stream i get a text from george.

george: you did good on the statues :)

y/n: awww thanks georgie <3

george: nvm.

y/n: WAIT NO.

i laugh at the conversation, by i get distracted by a notification from sapnap's surprise party group chat.

eleanor: ok. sapnap's birthday is really close so we have to get planning.
eleanor: firstly, we need to all see if we're available and get plane tickets. then, we need to get an airbnb, splitting the cost of it equally.

val: ok when should i book y/n and my tickets for?

eleanor: i say this weekend, meaning we have a week to plan.

val: ok just booked our tickets y/n!

y/n: VAL omg you didn't have to, i'll pay you back i promise. or i can just pay for our share of the airbnb.

val: it's fine girl dw!

eleanor: ok good!! i'm trying to find an airbnb rn. i'll text you guys updates

clay: i'm able to go, i'll book my ticket one sec. nick already knows i'll be there, he doesn't know about the rest of you.

bella: ive been ready B)

y/n: STOP WITH THE EMOJI

tommy: shutup. i'll go i guess. i'll see.

bella: you're going, no questions tommy.

eleanor: has anyone heard from george??

y/n: i was just texting him, i'm sure he'll reply soon don't worry.

i close out of my imessage app, deciding to get a snack. while eating, i look up to see val walk into the room.

"hey"

"hey val"

"are you excited?" she asks grinning from ear to ear.

"yes of course!"

"good."

and with that she leaves the room. strange. i try to ignore it and go back to scrolling through my twitter timeline. i see that george tweeted that he was live. i decide to quickly check it out.

i join and see him smiling but it seems off. i type "hi" into chat. everyone begins to spam "y/n in chat". george looks over to see the spam, he begins to giggle, dimples fully showing.

"hey y/n" he says dragging my name out.

i wanted to tell him to check the group chat, but i didn't want to raise my suspicion or ruin the surprise party. so i decide to wait until the end of the stream to text him.

i wait an hour or two until he finally says goodbye to the stream. i pull out my phone and tell him to check the surprise group chat. he replies with a bland ok.

i see him typing in the group, so that's a good sign.

eleanor: ayeeee george in chat finally!

clay: georggggeee

george: hey guys.

bella: do we all have our tickets booked? also how's the airbnb hunting going el?

i feel my heart drop as i see what george texts back.

george: yeah so about that... um i'm not able to come.