chapter eight

"nice to see those pearly whites you were talking about."

---

"the pearly whites you love oh so dearly." i responded, "but enough about me, let me show you the real star of the show." i propped my phone up my waterbottle and walked over to my bed a picked up nala, bringing her back over toward my phone. i sat down in my chair and held her up to the screen.

"here she is," i said, turning her so that george could see the collar, "the queen herself." i put her down back into my lap as george laughed through the screen.

"wow," he replied "loving that look for her. i bet it would really bring out her eyes. if only i could see the colors." he put on a fake pouty face. i shot him a playful glare. my reply to him was cut off by the ringing of my doorbell. nala jumped out of my lap, startled by the sound.

"WHO IS HERE?" i yelled to val as i got up from my chair. i grabbed my phone off of my desk and walked into the hallway, george still lit up on the screen. i walked into the kitchen to see val looking out of the peephole. she opened the door to reveal a delivery man at the door. i gasped when i realized what it was for. i looked down at my phone, seeing the confusion in george's face.

"strawberry dress." i said to him. i practically threw my phone down on the kitchen island before he could even responded. i ran to the door and signed off on the package, picking up the box in my hands.

"strawberry dress?" val asked.

"STRAWBERRY DRESS!" i replied as i picked my phone back up and ran to my room. i set it back up where it was before and grabbed the scissors off of my desk, carefully ripping the tape just at the top to make sure i didn't damage anything in the box.

"what is this strawberry dress you are so obviously excited about?" george asked as he watched me carefully remove this tissue paper. i stopped myself before i pulled the actual dress out.

"nala got to give you a fashion show, now it is my turn. do not move." i pointed at him as i pulled the box off of my desk and onto my bathroom sink. i prayed that the dress would look as good on me as it did on everyone else as i pulled it out of the box. i let out an apparently loud gasp due to the fact i could hear george's muffled voice asking if i was okay from the other room.

"this is the best purchase i have ever made in my entire life." i said back to him, earning a laugh. i took a deep breath as i stepped into the dress. carefully pulling the shoulders up to rest in their correct positions. i turned around to face the mirror that rests on the back of my door. i looked at myself, starting from my toes making my way to my face. i smiled when my eyes landed on my reflection looking back at me. it was just how i had imagined it. i walked back out into my bedroom, making sure to stay out of the frame as i saw george spinning around in his chair waiting for me to return. i sneakily took a facetime photo before telling him to close his eyes.

"okay," he responded, "they are closed." he waved his hand in front of his face in an attempt to prove to me what i already know.

"okay i will tell you when you can open them." i replied, moving closer into the frame until you could see my whole body.

"ready? three...two...one...open!" i said to him. he slowly opened his eyes and stared at me through his screen.

---

george's pov

holy shit.

---

y/n's pov

"sooo," i asked twirling myself around, "what do you think?"

"now i know why you were so excited about it!" he replied, "i love it!" he smiled at me as i picked up my phone from the desk.

"me too," i smiled back, "lets go show val." i walked to val's room and knocked on her door.

"come in!" she said. i walked into her room, george in hand. i asked her the same thing i asked george.

"oh wow. that dress definitely lives up to the hype." she replied as she looked at me. "i will not be taking it from your closet ever..." i laughed at her response.

"in your DREAMS." i replied, looking back to george whilst in the middle of my laughter. he looked back into my eyes and smiled. i walked back into my room, saying bye to val on the way out.

"okay this is the most important part, taking the pictures for twitter." i said to him as i plopped down onto my bed. "shouldn't you be eating dinner or something, isn't it like 7 pm over there?"

"7:22 over here actually." he said back, checking his watch. i rolled my eyes. "but yes i probably should get something to eat. i look forward to your twitter pictures miss strawberry dress." he said giving me a small royal bow from his chair.

"i look forward to my twitter pictures as well mr. colorblind." i giggled as i saw him furrow his brows at my comment. "go eat your food. talk to you later!" i waved to the camera as he said goodbye as well. i set up my phone on my window in hopes to get the best lighting i could. using self timer, i found four pictures that would be good to use. i tweeted the images with the caption
"this is the most beautiful article of clothing i will ever have the pleasure of wearing." as soon as i sent it, my notifications began to flood with people complimenting me, asking questions, or talking about the dreamteam. i decided to change out of the dress in order to keep it clean for as long as possible. when i walked back over to my phone after quickly changing back into my shorts and t-shirt, i saw a notification from george. it was a reply to my tweet that said

"never seen this one before..."

i typed my response back to him "shhh. that's a secret just between you and me."

immediately the replies started flooding with mentions of both i and george in romantic and non romantic ways. i scrolled through them for a while before putting my phone down and going to get water, when i came back i saw a twitch notification at the top of my screen.

*george not found is live and playing minecraft*

what is he up to now i thought to myself as i joined the stream. he was playing on the survival world he shares with dream and sapnap which they occasionally play on. looking up into the left hand corner at his facecam, i noticed he looked the same from our facetime call earlier. except now his hair actually looked presentable. i laughed as he was trying to figure out why the audio wasn't working. the quick stall in the stream gave me the perfect opportunity to grab my card and make a donation. as i was typing out my message, he got the sound and video to match up perfectly. i quickly finished typing and sent over my donation. a few minutes later, i heard to robotic voice reading it out

y/ntheballer donated $10

"maybe i am a simp."