chapter seven

"also... george thinks you have a beautiful smile ;)"

---

meanwhile on the dreamteam discord..

george: YOU SAID WHAT TO Y/N????
george: SAPNAP????

dream: lol

sapnap: i just told her what you told us, no big deal

george: NO BIG DEAL?!

dream: stop screaming

sapnap: i thought you should make a move on her... so i did it for you

george: >:(

---
y/n pov

WHAT? george thinks i have a beautiful smile? i feel my face heat up, i'm not sure exactly why. people say things like that all the time to be nice, this one just felt...different. my stomach gets butterflies from the compliment. i really hope sapnap isn't just pranking me, either way i need to respond. i'm just not sure how to. after a lot of contemplating and deleting things, i wrote my response.

how very kind of him. coming from you though...seems sus. goodnight sappynap.

i sent the message and put my phone down on my nightstand before turning off the lights and going to sleep.

per usual, i woke up to the dreaded iphone defult alarm sound ringing through my ears. i rolled over onto my right side to turn it off. i grabbed my phone and sat on my back, holding it up over my head. i saw a few twitter dm notifications so that is what i checked first. the first was just a dm from sapnap last night simply reading

"stfu. goodnight!"

i quickly responded with how kind which resulted in a fire reaction response from him.

i slid out of my dms with sapnap to see i had one other notification from george.

george: hey

y/n: hello! how was your day?

george: better now :)

what a cliché i thought to myself, but to be honest it made my day.

"wow okay simp" i replied, trying not to sound affected by his words. as he was typing back, an idea hit me.

"oh and speaking of simping," i sent, "whats all this talk about my smile I've heard ;)" i knew this question would make him embarrassed which was the perfect way to bring the attention to him instead of me.

"i can't say i know what you're talking about there y/n." i felt my heart sink as i read his response. was sapnap really pranking me after all? was this all some big joke they were all in on? i took a screenshot of the conversation and sent it to sapnap, i didn't want him to know how much it really affected me so i tried to make a joke out of it.

"i knew it seemed sus...never trust a man smh." i sent the message to sapnap along with the screenshot of my conversation with george. feeling sadder than i wished to admit, i put my phone down and made my bed. purposely not picking it back up on my way to the kitchen.