Color 48

The rain sang a song as Jimin curled up in the bed of the empty penthouse. He hadn't stopped crying or stop cursing Taehyung out. The sheets were swimming in his scent, bring some type of comfort to Jimin.

"Here." His mom walked into the room with some soup and placed it on the side table.

"When is he landing mom?" He whispers. She sighed and sat on the bed while running a hand through his hair.

"It's a twelve-hour flight. He left around 4 am so about two hours until he lands." Jimin turned the ring on his finger.

"He loves me... right?" His mom scoffed.

"More than you think. He's head over heals for you. Would literally do anything for you. As you can tell." Jimin nods slightly. If he had known he would've held Taehyung tighter yesterday. Kissed him more. Told him he loves him until he lost his voice. But he didn't. He felt he didn't do enough before he left.

"Do you want to stay here? In this apartment?" Jimin thought for a while and shrugged.

"I don't know." He mumbled.

"Oh, baby, come on eat this." He sits up and carefully held the bowl of soup in his hand. He spooned some in his mouth and relaxed at the taste of his mom's soup.

"You know your new teacher is really nice." She smiles. "I taught her as well. When no one would talk to Taehyung she always found a way to talk with him or make him feel welcomed."

"They became good friends which is why she's teaching the class now." Jimin looked at her with glossy eyes.

"Class will never be the same." Jimin mumbles.

"It won't but it's for the better." It fell silent and time crawled slow. His mom left the apartment to go back to school and finish up some grading.

Each notification Jimin got had him on his toes. He waited patiently for two hours, walking around the penthouse. He looked around the room and found a few things.

A few hoodies lined the closet and Jimin couldn't help but smile. He probably owned all of Taehyung's hoodies at this point. He knew Taehyung left them for him at the fact all his clothes were gone except for those.

On top of a counter he found the mailbox keys. He looked through the side table and found a framed photograph. It was of him and Taehyung at Jeju. He turned it around and saw a little note slipped between the glass.

You found it! I was hoping you would. This is my favorite photo we took in Jeju it's even my wallpaper. Put this where you want in the apartment. We share so many memories here. Stop crying and start smiling. I love you princess.

  Jimin sat on the bed and looked at the picture. He touched Taehyung's face only to feel glass. At that, his phone went off and he leaped for it.

Taehyung 💖 flashed across the screen for a FaceTime and Jimin answered. For a second all he can see was the ceiling until the camera was brought down.

The love of his life stared at him with an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry-,"

"Don't be." Jimin stooped him with tears of what seemed to be joy falling out of his eyes. "You did this for us, right? I'll finish school and we can be happy right?" He can see Taehyung smile alter into a happy one which brought a smile to his face.

"Yes, we can be happy. Do you like your new teacher?" Jimin sighed.

"I couldn't focus enough in class today. But I'll try tomorrow." Jimin could see he was sitting on a chair. "What are y-you doing now?"