1

SHE WOLF
— 1. Earl Ashton

      After Ragnar Lothbrok had sailed to England once more with his best fighting men and King Horik's, excluding Jarl Borg from the whole ordeal, it didn't settle well with the man and when all of Ragnar's fighting men had gone, he took the oppo...

      After Ragnar Lothbrok had sailed to England once more with his best fighting men and King Horik's, excluding Jarl Borg from the whole ordeal, it didn't settle well with the man and when all of Ragnar's fighting men had gone, he took the opportunity to attack Kattegat and take it for himself.

Luckily, Rollo, Ragnar's brother, was able to get his brother's wife out in time alongside his nephews, and his lover, Siggy.

After fleeing, he had no idea where to go next. It would soon be winter, meaning they needed shelter and even after Aslaug suggested taking sanctuary with another Earl, he was hesitant.

He knew it was a risk. Any man could easily report back to Jarl Borg once laying eyes on them. However, after a moment, he thought of the one person who would never report back to Jarl Borg because they hated him as much as Rollo did at that moment.

A person who knew Rollo and Ragnar and who would most likely give them sanctuary at their time of need and had enough men to defend and protect them if Jarl Borg came after them. Ylva.

Upon arriving in Ashton, Rollo led Siggy, Asluag, her children, and the rest of those who were able to flee with them through the city, many people briefly glancing at them before looking away.

They soon arrived at the Great Hall where Ylva lived with her brothers. Rollo had been the first to enter, finding Ylva sitting on her throne with both of her brothers standing on both sides of her while numerous guards were scattered around the large room.

Ylva had been in the middle of conversing with her brothers when the door opened. She looked up, immediately frowning in confusion at the sight of Rollo standing before her alongside Aslaug and countless others.

"Now, you are the last person I expected to be arriving at my doorstep," Ylva spoke up and Rollo smiled at the girl, relieved that she recognized him, "Hello, Rollo."

"It is good to see you, Ylva," Rollo greeted the girl happily, beginning to walk toward the girl when a few guards protectively stepped forward with their hands on their weapons.

Ylva lifted her hand, signaling her men to stand down before she stood up. She stood up, making her way closer to Rollo.

"You know this man?" Erik asked his sister, a suspicious look on his face.

"Of course I do," Ylva replied in a calm tone as she kept her eyes fixed on Rollo, "I was on the run from our father for three years. I lived all over these lands, but the place I remained at the longest was at Ragnar Lothbrok's farm. He took me in for nine months of that time before I was forced to flee once more when Father's men came looking around. I met Rollo there."

"We protected you," Rollo nodded as he gave Ylva a determined look, "Now, I ask that you protected me and..." He trailed off, gesturing toward Aslaug, who carried baby Sigurd, as she stood beside Ubbe, Hvitserk, and Siggy, "Ragnar's wife and children. Jarl Borg has invaded his lands while Ragnar has been away in England. He killed all who resisted. We barely made it out with our lives."