2

SHE WOLF
— 2. Jarl Borg

     After a warm greeting from his father after not seeing him for more than four years, Bjorn and Lagertha were brought toward the Great Hall belonging to Ylva

Ylva was standing outside alone, watching Ragnar bring the mother-son duo over to her. She smiled, pushing herself off of leaning on the outer wall of the hall to walk toward them.

Immediately after laying eyes on the girl, Lagertha's eyes widened and she began to smile. "I do not believe it," She stated, a surprised look on her face, "Ylva, is that you?"

Ylva began to smile at the woman, immediately nodding her head. "It is good to see you again, Lagertha," She spoke up and Lagertha rushed forward, immediately hugging her as Ragnar and Bjorn walked closer to them.

"Oh, how you've grown since I last saw you," Lagertha sighed as she pulled away and cupped the girl's face in her hands, "How long has it been?"

"Far too long," Ylva replied, causing them both to laugh.

"I see you're an Earl now. I expected nothing less out of you," Lagertha told the girl and Ylva smiled, nodding her head. The two of them turned and Lagertha smiled, gesturing toward her son, "This is my son—"

"Bjorn, I remember," Ylva replied as she nodded her head. She stared up at the boy who happened to be the same age as her. She smiled slightly, remembering the boy all too well. Though, the last time they had seen each other, Ylva had been taller. Now, it was the other way around, "Do you remember me?"

"Of course I remember you," Bjorn replied without hesitation, smiling as he nodded his head, "I remember I hated you so much as a boy when we lived together. You used to always win against me in every game you, me, and Gyda played. Then after a while, you became like family to me and I grew to love you, but then you were forced to leave and I never thought I'd see you again."

Bjorn smiled, moving closer to Ylva. "It is good to see you again, Ylva," He confessed, the two of them immediately hugging each other.

After their reunion, the group made their way inside, everyone becoming shocked at the sight of Lagertha and Bjorn there.

Several moments later, Ylva stood in front of the table where Bjorn, Ragnar, Rollo, Floki, Lagertha, Sihtric, and several other sat, all of them making a plan on what to do next.

"So?" Lagertha asked, waiting for one of them to tell them of the plan.

"Even with your additional forces, Lagertha, and the men Ylva's given us, we cannot attack Kattegat and hope to succeed," Torstein explained in a calm tone, "Jarl Borg is well dug in."

"What do you propose?" Lagertha asked, looking directly at Ragnar.

"We want to drive Jarl Borg out of Kattegat," Rollo spoke up instead, causing the group to turn to look at him, "He has no idea we have been reinforced or that Ylva has decided to supply us with men."