24

SHE WOLF
— 24. Freya the Mad

Days had passed and Bjorn remained in Ashton for a while, wanting to spend some time with Ylva as she recovered and with their children

Days had passed and Bjorn remained in Ashton for a while, wanting to spend some time with Ylva as she recovered and with their children. They had been shocked when Sihtric left for a while, only to return with Torvi at his side. They had asked him about what he had done and it turned out, he had gone to Hedeby to take Torvi from Erlendur.

Erlendur had willingly given his wife up but in the end, he forced her to allow her son Guthrum stay with him. Torvi had been devastated at first, but Lagertha had promised to take care of her son. With that, Torvi had gone with Sihtric and he had brought her to Ashton.

Ylva had been unhappy at first, but since Sihtric had seen to genuinely like the girl, Ylva gave them her blessing.

It was morning time. Bjorn and Ylva were laying in bed while in the main room of the great hall, Sihtric was sitting with Torvi and Freya, who was glaring at the duo.

"Why is she even here?" Freya suddenly asked with an attitude as she began to glare at Torvi.

"Because I want her to be here," Sihtric replied with an attitude, "Is that a problem?"

"Why would Erlendur willingly let you take his wife?" Freya argued as she glared at both Sihtric and Torvi, "I bet she's a spy."

"She is not a spy," Sihtric snapped at Freya coldly as he glared back at her, "Stop being paranoid."

"I'm not being paranoid. I'm using common sense. Something you lack because you think with what's down there instead of what's up here," She complained as she pointed at his lower areas and then at his head.

"Ylva!" Sihtric called out loudly, growing irritated with Freya, "Come fix your daughter! She's about to burst, just like always..." He trailed off, turning to look at Freya once more, "Once again, her madness is getting the best of her."

"I'm not mad," Freya argued defensively, looking offended by his words, "I just don't like you."

"You are mad. Just like your father. But how did he end up?" Sihtric complained and Freya smiled at him tauntingly.

"At least I know who my father is," Freya complained as she began to smirk, "Your mother was a whore and most likely slept around and that's how she got killed."

"At least my mother loved me and didn't kill herself to escape me and my madness," Sihtric retorted and Freya's smile faded as Sihtric's lips curled upwards, "Yes, I know about that. It won't be long before Ylva knows it, too."

Her anger gaining control of her, Ylva screamed out in rage as she charged at Sihtric. She roughly shoved him back before punching him. "I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" She roared at the top of her lungs as she continued to punch him with Sihtric doing nothing back since he knew Ylva would not take it lightly.