9

SHE WOLF
— 9. Sword of Kings

      In the woods, Ylva and Bjorn walked together until they found the right spot

In the woods, Ylva and Bjorn walked together until they found the right spot. They placed their weapons on the ground and Bjorn began to walk toward Ylva, extending him arms out.

"Are we to do this or not?" Bjorn asked impatiently as he stopped walking and watched Ylva circle him.

Just then, Ylva swung at Bjorn, who was quick to lift his arm to block her before her fist could collide with his face. She ended up punching him on the torso and then kicked him, causing Bjorn to yell out in surprise, clearly not expecting her to do such a thing.

"What was that?" Bjorn complained and stared at her in disbelief as she began to swing at him once more.

Bjorn blocked most of them until finally, Ylva had punched him directly in the nose, which caused him to bleed.

"Stop going easy on me!" Ylva growled at him as she continued to try to punch him, "Fight back!"

She swung at him and Bjorn ducked, just before punching her in the stomach. Ylva stumbled back and coughed as she clutched her stomach. She gradually began to smile, happy that Bjorn was finally fighting back.

"Took you long enough," She muttered under her breath and as Bjorn went to swing at her again, she ducked.

However, as she stood back up, Bjorn delivered a hard punch to her face. She nearly fell back, but was quick to steady herself as blood streamed from her nose.

She quickly wiped it and Bjorn felt uneasy when he saw the blood. He moved closer to her and grabbed her by the arms, a fearful look on her face. "Ylva! Please, stop. I don't want you to get hurt," He pleaded and Ylva gave him an annoyed look.

"I am not some little girl you need to protect, Bjorn," She snapped at him coldly as she grabbed him by his shirt, "Stop treating me like it! I am a shieldmaiden. I have been fighting men twice my size long before you even picked up your first ax."

Ylva kneed him in the groin area and grabbed him by the arm. Bjorn tried to fight back, but much to his surprise, she had tossed him right to the ground.

She was right when she said she knew better than anyone how to defeat someone twice her size.

Instead of falling to the ground alone, Bjorn grabbed ahold of Ylva and brought her down with him.

Ylva laid on the ground for a short moment as she panted for breath. She looked up, seeing that Bjorn had gotten back to his feet. She extended her arm out and grabbed ahold of his ankle, knocking him to the ground a second time.

Ylva pushed herself off the ground and stood back up. Bjorn did the same and when Ylva tried to grab ahold of him, he punched her in the stomach.

However, she seemed barely affected and took him to the ground with her once more. She laid on her back, panting for breath.