17

SHE WOLF
— 17. Siege of Paris

  As it was time to sail to the gates of Paris, Ylva stood on a large piece of wood, glancing around at the men loyal to her surrounding her

  As it was time to sail to the gates of Paris, Ylva stood on a large piece of wood, glancing around at the men loyal to her surrounding her. "For Glory or Vahalla!" She shouted out as she raised her weapons, causing many others to cheer and repeat after her.

Bjorn cheered as well as he stood beside Freya, a smile on his face.

Ylva hopped off the piece of wood and made her way over to Freya and Bjorn, smiling widely.

"Can't I go?" Freya pouted as she stared up at Ylva with a pleading look on her face, "Please. I want to go, Ylva."

"Not this time. We don't know the dangers yet," Ylva reminded the girl as she placed a hand on her shoulder, "You're too young. You must stay here, with Helga and the others."

Freya looked to be trying her hardest to control her anger as Ylva called her young. She sighed in frustration and nodded, knowing there wasn't any time to be arguing.

"I shall return soon, I promise," Ylva assured her, pressing a kiss to Freya's head before she walked away with Bjorn.

____

While Ylva was with Bjorn, Floki, Rollo, Ragnar, and countless others attacking the boat, Sihtric was with Lagertha, Erlendur, and Kalf, attacking by land.

Ylva was standing on the boat, looking upwards at the walls of Paris with the slightest of smiles on her face. It was amazing. She couldn't even imagine what was inside those walls.

"Are you ready for this?" Bjorn asked Ylva as he stood beside her, his hand on the small of her back.

Ylva smiled, turning to look Bjorn in the eyes. "Of course, I'm ready. Are you?" She retorted playfully and Bjorn gave her a knowing look.

As they inched closer to the walls, Viking warriors wasted no time jumping off the boats and onto the wooden planks Floki had created.

Ylva yelled out, lifting the ax she held in her right hand. Numerous men shouted alongside her, prepared for what came next.

Ylva wasted no time jumping into the water alongside Bjorn before making her way toward the walls of Paris.

Ylva glanced around, trying not to look uneasy as she saw many men and women shot down by the weapons the Franks used.

Many of them began to climb up the ladders, only to be shot down. "Come on! Get up! Get up!" Bjorn shouted as he stood alongside Ylva.

Ylva was about to climb up as well, only to have Bjorn suddenly grab her by the arm and pull her back down. "What do you think you're doing? Are you mad?" He snapped at her as he stared at her as if she were crazy, "Not yet!"