1.1 - Life of Youth (Part 1)

{1.01. Life of Youth (1) }

Written by A.C.

* * * * * *

Sleepy eyes slowly open. A young guy, sixteen years old, slender build, groaned as he lied in bed. His alarm clock shrieking and filling the room with its noise.

What I'd give to have telekinetic powers so I can shut that thing off without moving! The young guy thought irritably. Suddenly a new thought popped into his head and, as if someone had injected a rush of energy through his body, the young guy quickly sat up.

"Holy crap today is the first day of school!"

"CL! Shut that alarm off!" his mother called just as she passed by outside his room's door.

CL jumped out of bed and with a hand shut off the clock that sat on top of his dresser drawer. He rushed to the bathroom and stopped in front of the mirror before hopping into the shower. Checking his fair skin, dark brown eyes, and ... his hair!

"What the hell?" CL ran his fingers through his dark brown hair – which looked like it had been struck by some serious electrical currents while he slept. Groaning some more, CL quickly got naked and hopped into the shower. Nerves rattled CL as he stood under the hot water. Today was his very first day at the new school. New teachers, new people ... and to make things worse he was going into this right smack in the middle of the school year.

CL's parents had moved – no, forced, CL to come live in Miami from South Carolina only a week ago. Sure, it was great his father got a promotion at one of the most important architecture companies in the country, but leaving South Carolina for CL felt like leaving an entire life behind. Now he was forced to start over, blah, blah, blah. You know how the cliché goes.

After drying up and slipping on his favorite dark denim jeans, long sleeve black shirt, and a pair of silver converse, CL stopped once again in front of his bathroom mirror to fix the mess of his now wet hair. Grabbing a goop of hair gel, CL tried to style it without any luck.