6. Laundry Day

Katie

Jason plops me onto a chair. I can't help but notice the difference between his room and Lincoln's.

His bed looks like one you'd see on display in a store - multiple pillows, a comforter with matching sheets underneath, and even a bed skirt, artwork on the walls, nice curtains, a soft rug, and the whole room is bigger overall - he has a bathroom and walk-in closet on the opposite wall.

He notices me looking around and chuckles, "We split the rent 30/30/40 so we agreed I would get the bigger room." That doesn't explain his interior design though, but I don't want to ask.

"Oh I see. Was there something you wanted to talk about?" I ask, doing my best to keep my voice steady to hide my nervousness. I don't even know why I'm so nervous.

"Yeah, it's about you and Lincoln," he says with a serious expression, as he sits on the bed across from me.

I gulp, there's that face again. His dark brown eyes feel like they're looking directly into my soul. His jawline is sharp and tense. My heartbeat quickens, and honestly, I can't help but notice he's pretty attractive.

"What about us?" I ask.

"I think it's better if you stay away from him. I don't want you getting hurt."

"Why would I get hurt?" 

"Lincoln might not be the person you think he is." 

"What do you mean?" I ask. Why is he being so cryptic about this?

"We've known each other since we were kids," he replies, "I just don't think he's meant for you."

"But we barely know each other," I reply, gesturing towards him and myself, "I think it's...unfair for you to make assumptions about me like that."

He pauses for a bit, "We should change that."

"Change what?"

"I'd like to get to know you better," he smiles. I'm not sure what to think of that.

There's something so alluring and charming about that smile. I don't understand all the feelings that are filling my head right now, fighting for my attention.

"Uh sure I guess we could do that," I stand up, wanting to get the hell out of here, "and thanks for caring but I'm happy with Lincoln."

He stands up as well, putting us only inches apart. He smells faintly of cologne. I watch as he sighs and runs his hand through his hair, it somehow still looks perfect and untouched.

I walk around him and reach for the doorknob.

Before I can grab it, he reaches it first, and covers it with his hand. His other hand rests against the door next to me, leaving me trapped in between his arms. I remain facing the door.

I feel him lean closer towards me and softly whispers into my ear, "I just want the best for you." I almost shiver at the rumbles his low voice sends down my back, before he releases the doorknob and steps away.

I quickly open the door and leave before he can see how red my face has gotten.

__________________

I wake up to birds chirping outside and the sun coming in through the blinds. Lincoln is still asleep, holding on to me. I smile and lightly stroke his hair. He looks so peaceful I don't want to wake him up. I wish I could lay here forever, but I really need to use the bathroom. I gently loosen myself out of his arms and climb out of bed, readjusting the covers back onto him. My clothes are a mess so I put on one of Lincoln's shirts. It goes down to my mid thigh.

Quietly opening the door, I quickly tiptoe down the hall. One door opens as I walk by, and I walk straight into the person who was walking out.

"Oof." I feel the wind get knocked out of me, and I stumble backwards.

Jason reaches out and grabs me before I fall.

"Thanks J-" I freeze mid sentence. Jason is wearing sweatpants riding dangerously low on his waist. Above, he is shirtless, his chiseled abs, toned chest, and defined arms are all out on display.

Don't get me wrong, Lincoln is nothing to scoff at, but my god Jason looks like someone you'd see in a Calvin Klein ad.

He notices me staring and smirks, "You alright?"

"Y-yeah sorry, a little groggy still," I mutter under my breath, suddenly feeling self conscious about my appearance and I pull the shirt lower to cover more of my legs.

"You're up early," he points out, checking the time on his phone. He looks wide awake.

"So are you." 

"I was just doing laundry." He gestures towards the basket of folded clothes he's holding. I somehow didn't even notice it was there till now.

"Oh I see, well I was just going to the bathroom," I say, walking around him.

"Alright, see you," he says, heading back to his room, whistling as he walks.

I can feel my face burning as I quickly go down the hall. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Oooooh what's happening? 😏

Thanks for reading!