9. Clean up

Katie

I use a broom to sweep up the spilled snacks on the floor, Ray is putting all the discarded cans and bottles into the recycling, Lincoln is talking to the photographer, and Jason is taking down the lights.

I feel a tap on my shoulder. It's the girl who was the bartender.

"Hey, Katie right? I don't think we got to meet tonight. I'm Tina," she smiles warmly.

"Yup that's me," I reply, dumping the contents of my dustpan into the garbage.

We chat a bit as she helps me clean up, she's very friendly and easy to talk to.

"You're dating Lincoln right?" she asks.

I nod.

She lowers her voice to a whisper, glancing to see if the guys are watching, "Be careful around them, I've known them since we were little kids, and problems have come up many times over girls."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

She sighs, "It's unfair of me to speak on their behalf, and my conscience won't let me do that." She looks at my confused expression and continues, "Just be careful about who you let into and out of your love life. You seem really nice and I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

Before I can ask anything, Ray comes up to us.

"Well everything's cleaned up, I hope you had a good time," he says, smiling at me before he notices Tina. "Hey, thanks a lot for coming out last minute, our usual bartender got food poisoning."

"No problem, always here to help you guys," she gives Ray a knowing look, "Katie too."

He seems to understand what she's trying to imply, as I notice he gives her a subtle nod. "Lincoln is upstairs in the office by the way," Ray says to me, "see you around."

__________________

I step into the office, Lincoln is in the corner putting away equipment into boxes. He looks up at me and grins.

"Have I mentioned how great you look in that dress?" he asks, closing the last box and walking towards me.

"Only about 15 times," I laugh.

"Are you heading home now?" 

I nod. "Can you walk me back?"

"Sure, let's go." He turns off the lights and locks the office behind us. As we leave the building, Lincoln quietly whispers, "Look over there."

I turn and see Jason, sitting on one of the benches along the sidewalk. He doesn't notice us though, he's too busy with the girl sitting on his lap making out with him. I recognize her as one of the girls he was sitting with in that booth earlier. A tall and pretty brunette.

"Check this out...BYE JASON!" Lincoln yells.

The two quickly pull apart. The girl giggles.

"Go away," Jason scowls.

We laugh and leave.

__________________

We're at the entrance of my dorm building. Lincoln gives me a hug.

"I hope your first ASA event wasn't too stressful," he says, still holding me.

"I had fun," I smile. I expected worse, but it went well.

He leans in and gives me a quick kiss. He starts to pull away but I tug him back by his shirt, continuing the kiss, and I can feel him smile.

"Feisty tonight, aren't we?" he chuckles, pulling me closer.

"Come upstairs with me," I whisper into his ear.

He nods and I swipe my student card to unlock the doors.

__________________

Luckily I have a single room, so I don't have roommates to disturb.

We enter my room, and Lincoln immediately holds me against my door.

"As much as I love this dress, I really want it off of you," he says, in a deep, husky in a tone that gives me goosebumps. He helps me with the zipper, and easily slips the dress off, leaving me in my underwear. I do the same with his clothing.

I take in the view, slowly gliding my hand across his chest, tracing the definition in his muscles.

He groans, pulling me closer, "You have no idea how much self control it's taken tonight for me to not just pull you away from the event and have my way with you."

"Well the event's over."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Thank you for reading!