45. Good as New

Katie

Stephanie, Tina, and I sit in the living room in Lincoln and Ray's apartment. Stephanie is still waiting for the lease on her apartment to be up so she can move in. I'm waiting for the term to finish so I can move out of dorms and move in too.

We decided to bounce a bit early. I just really wanted some quality time with my friends, and the 'small' social event ended up being a lot bigger than we originally anticipated. Tiffany, Melanie, and Joe said they'd be able to handle cleaning up afterwards. Their first assignment as the new board I suppose.

Ray hands out glasses of wine. Mine doesn't have much, I've been avoiding too much alcohol since the incident.

"To our new president," Ray says, lifting his glass, and everyone follows.

"We're so proud of you Katie," Lincoln says, putting his arm around me and pulling me closer, "you're going to be ASA's youngest president ever."

"Jeez, no pressure," I groan, burying my face into his shoulder, "I'm still surprised I won, I was running against five other people!"

"Aw, everyone believes in you! You'll do great," Ray reassures me, "I can't believe you're the same girl who was afraid to come into the room at the beginning of the year."

It's strange to think about. After everything that's happened, that feels like a lifetime ago. I feel like a completely different person now. A stronger, confident, and more mature person.

"I still remember the look Lincoln had on his face the first time he told me about you," Stephanie says with a twinkle in her eye, "I'm glad things worked out between you two."

Lincoln groans, "C'mon Stephanie, please don't share drunk things I've said."

I laugh, "Wait what did he say?"

"Let's just say it involved your-" she begins.

Lincoln throws a cushion at Stephanie. "Steph!"

She just laughs.

__________________

I sit on Lincoln's bed. His new bed is much bigger than his old one, my legs dangle above the floor when I sit on the edge. I watch as he comes out of the bathroom after his shower, his hair is damp and he's wearing a pair of black boxers. I admire the way his toned muscles move as he walks, and his smooth skin.

He raises an eyebrow. "What are you staring at?"

I giggle, "You."

He walks over to where I am on the bed. I sit up on my knees so we're nearly the same height. I'm wearing one of his shirts, and it's so big on me it covers most of my thighs.

"You're so adorable in my clothes," he says and gives me a peck on the nose. I pout a little, and wrap my arms around his shoulders to pull him closer and kiss him. He holds my cheek gently, as if I'm made of fragile porcelain. I pull away.

"You don't have to treat me like I'm made of glass," I say softly, caressing his cheek.

"I'm sorry, I just can't believe I almost lost you," he sighs, looking deeply into my eyes, "I know it's been months, but I just want to be careful with you. Especially after seeing what you had to go through during physical therapy."

"I promise I'm fine," I smile and take his hands in mine, holding them close to my heart. "Doctor Kat said I was pretty much good as new during my last two sessions."

"You're more than fine. I love you," he whispers.

My stomach still flutters at the sound of that. "I love you too."

He pulls me closer by my waist and rests his forehead against mine. "I can't believe we haven't been able to fool around for over three months," he grins slyly.

"Me neither," I laugh, pulling him onto the bed, "but what a great way to celebrate today's event."

He eagerly helps me remove my shirt and shorts, and I lay down. He covers me in kisses, each one sending warm tingles through my body. He reaches my face, and I take in his bright blue mesmerizing eyes, before wrapping my arms around his shoulders and pulling him into a kiss. His tongue flicks against my lower lip, and I open, desperate to have even more of him touching me.

I hold onto his soft blonde hair as he moves onto my neck, most likely leaving marks I'll find tomorrow. I grip tightly onto his back, probably leaving marks as well. Our breathing is becoming ragged, we're pressed impossibly close together, and we both want to get even closer.

He gets up, and opens a drawer in his nightstand. I feel so cold without the heat of his body against mine. He takes out a box of condoms, I can hear the shuffling of several packets inside.

"I hope we have enough for tonight," he winks.

And we do. Just barely. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

What a wild ride these two have been on.

Thanks for reading!