26. Office Policy

Jason

I wake up, squished on the tiny bed next to Katie. I slightly lift my head and manage to see her clock from where I am, it's only 7:30 am. My class doesn't start till 9 am, hers as well, from what I remember. Katie is still asleep, facing me. She looks so peaceful and cute, but my arm is asleep, stuck under her. I don't know if I can get it out without waking her up.

I try to carefully slide it out, but she stirs a little, and mumbles in her sleep. Jesus, she's so tiny I don't understand why this is so difficult. I wait a bit and try again, she stirs again, and rolls over so that her back is now pressed against my front.

"God dammit," I whisper.

She moves a little at the noise. That causes a problem though. Her butt is pressed up against my groin, and her little twitch makes things hard. Literally.

It ends up nudging her awake.

Her eyes slowly open, and she rolls over to face me. She looks at me, slightly surprised. "You're still here." Her voice is muzzled with sleepiness.

"Good morning." I know what she's referring to, but I don't acknowledge it, "you're adorable when you sleep." I pull her closer to me and hold her. I kiss the top of her head. "We still have an hour before we need to leave."

"Good," she says, snuggling into my chest. Her warm and tiny body against mine feels oddly comforting. I don't know how long we lay there, but it feels way too short.

She sits up to stretch. Her eyes wander down me, and stop at my groin. I see the gears turning in her head. "That's what woke me up?" she asks in amused disbelief.

I shrug, "You move around in your sleep."

She gives me a mischievous grin and reaches for it, starting to slowly stroke it.

The day starts off great.

__________________

The cold winter air feels nice after we leave the small stuffy room. As we walk from her dorm to our classes, I decide to bring up the question I've been meaning to ask since yesterday evening before things took an extreme detour. "Hey do you remember ASA's Christmas dinner?" I ask.

She thinks for a bit then nods.

"How would you like to come as my plus one?" I give her my best smile that always seems to make her falter.

She looks at me in fake shock, "You don't have a date yet?"

I'm unamused. "Please?"

I can't believe I'm basically begging a girl for a date.

She sighs, "I don't know if that's a good idea Jason."

"Just as friends?" I ask. I can't help but notice a sudden flicker of disappointment on her face, that she quickly masks with a small smile.

"Yeah sure, why not." 

"Perfect," I say as we reach her class' building.

She looks around and realizes we're basically at the edge of campus. "Wait where do you have class?"

"Oh I should've turned in a different direction ages ago. I wanted to walk you to class," I grin.

She rolls her eyes but smiles. "Get going before you're late."

After class I head to work.

Katie

Leena and I are in the middle of lunch in the student union building when I get a text.