Sleep.

Gavin's shift was finally over, he grabbed his keys, wallet, badge, and walked off. Nines followed him. Gavin turned around, "Oh come on..please tell me you're not staying with me!!"

Nines nodded. "I won't say it then." Gavin glared at him. "Fine. Let's go."

Gavin walked to his car, his ears sensing any and all movements around him. He was still on edge, his ex not only wanted to kill him since he's a witch, but now as a cat too. Great. Just great.

"Detective would you like me to drive? You can get rest on the way to your house and I'll wake you up when we get there.." Gavin needed to sleep, but he knew his magic would come undone and show his tail. That wouldn't be good. "No it's fine. Hurry up and get in.."

Nines hesitated a reply but got in. Gavin did the same, starting the car and driving to his house.

Gavin ears twitched behind his beanie, thankfully Nines didn't see or notice. He hissed something under his breath, catching Nines attention. "Detective?-"

He was cut off by a loud howl. That howl. Gavin turned white and gripped the wheel tighter. "Sh*t they're onto us. Gavin put the car into neutral and hopped into the back catching Nines completely off guard. Nines hopped into the driver's side. "What are you!?-" Gavin grabbed Nines's jacket, which was in the backseat, and put it on wedging underneath the backseats.

"Detective!?" "Shut up, Nines, I'm trying to mask my scent and magic. I don't want them finding us."

Nines was about to talk back but decided against it and kept driving. Gavin concentrated, the magic he was using to hide his tail disappeared, his scent mixed with Nines's, Gavin fought to stay awake.

"Nines's don't go home you'll lead them there....go to a hotel or something.....also...phck." He compressed his magic one last time, making him pass out. "Detective!?"