Chapter One

Today was the day that I would be moving to Forks, Washington. It was a pretty small unknown tone from what I know. My name is Emberly Johnsonn; I was born in Forks but my parents didn't want me, so I was given up for adoption.

Out of the pure kindness of their hearts; my aunt and uncle decided to take me in as their own. I've now lived in Italy with them since I was adopted. But today, I was leaving them here and going to hometown.

Of course, I will dearly miss the beautiful sights of Italy and my adoptive parents. Although seeing the place where I was born was more important to me than anything else right now.

And who knows, it may make me happier to see where I was brought into the world, or maybe it'd make me hate my biological parents for giving me up. I made the choice to move to Forks awhile back at sixteen.

They promised me that when I turned 18 years old, then they'd allow me to go.

Quickly, I snapped out of my daydream and pulled together something to wear.

Soon I decided on the perfect outfit to wear.

Today, my outfit of choice for my extremely long flight across the world was light blue ripped skinny jeans, along with a light lavender long sleeve shirt and a black leather jacket on top. My shoes matched with my shirt, I also threw on a plain black baseball hat.

"Honey, are you ready to go?" My aunt shouted from downstairs. "Coming!" Quickly, I zipped up my suitcase, grabbed my carry on bag and slung it onto my shoulders.

I ran out of my room while slamming the door shut behind me, rushing downstairs.

I met them by the open door of the house, "Oh, how we will miss you!" She exclaimed and brought me into a hug, "I'll miss you too," I responded. Her grip was tight it almost made it hard to speak.

"Dear, you're choking the girl." My uncle chuckled as she let go of me quickly. We all laughed as we all went outside on the sidewalk; my uncle signalled a taxi. Not wasting any time, I put my things into the backseat and went to the other side to get in.

Shutting the door, I told the driver where I needed to be, "Please take me to the airport closest to here." The cab driver nodded, and I was off to the airport.The taxi slams to a halt, "Here we are, miss." I handed him the money for the ride and stepped out of the cab.

Making my way to the bag check out, I saw a pale girl with fire red hair standing by the window. My eyes tend to wander around places I haven't been to. Honestly, I can't deny that she looks so stunning, the girl makes me look like shit.

"Miss?" I snapped back into reality. "S-Sorry, I got distracted." The worker smiled at me before taking my suitcase as I walked towards the gate for my flight.

Sitting down, I swear eyes were looking at me. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw that red-haired girl looking at me, making me uncomfortable and shifting in my seat.

The speaker turns on, "All passengers traveling to Forks may board the plane at this time." Soon enough, I was finding my seat on the plane and sat down. I shoved the bag under my seat while grabbing one of my books from it to read.

...

"We will now be landing shortly." The pilot said over the speaker; I shut my book, which I managed to finish during the flight. Unzipping my backpack, I placed my book in it and zipped it back up. Shortly, we were now unboarding, and I badly needed to use the restroom.

After picking up my suitcase from the baggage claim, I rushed to use the bathroom. I walked out of the stall and washed my hands. That girl was there too staring at me again, and I tried to ignore her and dried my hands.

Now I have arrived in Forks, the first thing on my list was to unpack my stuff at the house. It was my aunt and uncle's old house; they've kept it for me.

It is like they knew I'd be coming back here one day. I am grateful for it because if they hadn't, I would have had to buy my place.

As I got to the house, I unlocked the door and walked in. It was a one-bedroom and one-bathroom home, but I'm the only one living here, so it works out fine. There's a bonus this house came with a car so that I could get around. It was just a Ford Focus 2015, but I thought it was a decent looking car.

Since it was night when I arrived at the house, there wasn't anything I could do right now, so I got ready to sleep, brushed my teeth while playing my current favorite song, Issues by Julia Michaels.

After hopping into the shower and brushing my hair, I put my favorite pajamas on, which was just plain red shorts with a black bow, a black tank with red straps and a red dragon print. I laid down into the bed and drifted off to sleep.