Chapter Fifteen

"Emberly, please wake up." I could faintly feel someone's hand on mine. "Emberly...I just got you don't leave me." Emmett, it was him. He was begging me to wake up, but my eyes just couldn't open.

"Her heartbeat is slowing son." That voice, I didn't know that voice. Perhaps is was Dr.Cullen. He is Emmett's adoptive father, I remember when Jessica told me.

"But she can't die." His tone was filled with worry and defeat. "She will, unless you change her." What the hell does he mean change me? It sounded like Emmett was angry.

"I can't just change her Carlisle! This is supposed to be her decision." He paused for a brief moment before speaking once more, "I haven't even had the chance to tell her yet for hells sake."

My limp body felt the side of the bed sink. Tell me? Tell me what? "I can't do that to do without her consent." Even with me dying, whatever it is he won't do unless it was okay with me.

This boy, I could've care less as long as I would be his. "She can hear us, but can't respond. I'll give you a moment alone." I could hear the door being gently shut closed. Was I one of those few people? One that was dead on the outside?

"Baby, if you can hear me.." His body shifted to where he was holding me. I wish I could curl up into his embrace and his lips on mine. He continued, "I'm a vampire, but my family and I only feed off animal blood we never harm humans."

I was taken back, he just said he's a vampire. "I know you now will hate me and I understand." I could never hate you Emmett. "Just don't leave the world baby, I can't handle that.." His voice was shaky like he was holding back tears.

But vampires couldn't cry from the stories I've read. "I would change you so I can still have you here but, I don't think you want that. I wish you could answer back." He was stroking my arm slowly.

I felt his head lay on mine. "Maybe wiggle your fingers if you want me to.." I smiled in my mind at his cute words. Yet I knew that he was being serious and wanted me to try to give him a sign.

My mind was telling my hand to move, willing at least one of my fingers to move even if it was the slightest of any possible movements. I felt a finger twitch just a little. Hoping that Emmett caught it before I officially became brain dead.

Where I wouldn't be present in the world of the living anymore. "The transition will hurt bad at first." My mind got mentally prepared for what would be coming next.

I thought of the possibilities of turning into a vampire like him.Would immortality give me external beauty? Give me the flawless porcelain skin that he possessed? Could I control myself from feeding on humans?

I honestly knew nothing about this. Is this what Bella was referring to? When she said the Cullen family were said to be descent from the cold ones, the pale faces. So Bella knew all this time what they are this entire time.

My train of thought was interrupted as I feel the skin of my neck being pierced. I gasped as it felt like two big needles being prodded into my now burning flesh.

It felt like a million tiny matches were running through me, setting my insides on fire. Is this what being turned felt like? Now I felt an immense pain soar in my chest.

I no longer had a weak fading heartbeat, my body felt stronger, but I did not feel any hint of movement return to my body. I was still unable to move or speak.

Emmett gripped my hand into his and gently spoke, "My venom is now spreading throughout your body, you will be able to move and speak soon." He squeezed my hand, as if trying to comfort me in some way.

...

Soon, movement was starting to return into my body. Once the transition was fully complete; I could finally move my body. And I could finally open my eyes.

When I opened them, my vision was clearer, I didn't need to strain my eyes to see far away from where I lied on the bed. Raising my hand up in the air, I saw it was now a fair skin tone similar to Emmett's.

No longer would I be that tan girl in a school full of pale students. Unless, I can no longer finish my senior year. As I probably did look completely different now. Pale ass skin and now I could see my red eyes in the mirror across the room.

Even though my hair still remained the same, but now had more volume and became just a little bit of a darker brown before. I could hear people talking outside the modern black door.

Okay, I definitely wasn't inside of a hospital. Yet I was sitting on one of those light blue patient beds, which isn't the most comfortable.

I stood up in a flash of light; I moved so fast but it is like my eyes were a slow motion camera lens. My vision was perfect now. Would I even need to wear glasses again?

My skin was flawless, not one sign of the slightest acne or acne scars. Someones hand was turning the sliver door knob from the opposite side of the door, opening it. I snapped my head towards the direction to see Emmett standing there.

A look of relief filled his face along with the worry washing itself from his eyes. Not even within a second, I was now wrapped into his strong hold. Quickly, I put my arms around him squeezing him tightly.

"Careful Em, You're a bit stronger than the rest of us right now." Immediately, my arms loosing their hold just enough to not hurt him. My throat started to become dry, my hand shot up to my neck in reflex. "Let's get you something to drink." I quickly nodded as he took my head and we sped to the woods.