Chapter Eight

He tightened his grip on my waist, "If you'd like to go out with me and possibly be my girlfriend." I swear my heart leaped out of my chest in that moment, at his words.

Did he really just ask me to be his girlfriend?

I was playing with the hem of his shirt and answered him without a hint of hesitation, "Yes." He grinned at my response.

Shortly after, I shyly looked to the ground beside where we sat, eyeing on the cold tile floor. My eyelids started to feel heavy and I tried hard to keep them open, not wanting to fall asleep now.

Emmett seemed to take notice, "Let's take you to bed." My heart fluttered at his deep voice. My legs were now around his waist as he stood up from the ground. He was unbelievably strong, it was kind of hot.

I laid my head against he broad shoulder as he carried me back into my room. One arm pulled back my bed covers and then he gently laid me on the bed. He placed them over me and he turned to leave.

Before he could get far, I reached out and grabbed his hand, "Is something wrong?" His head turned to me with a concerned look. I shook my head, "I just, will you stay with me?" My voice came out a little shaky when I asked.

He sighed before nodding and started towards the other side of the bed. I slightly moved over a little as he removed his shoes and got under the blankets. Once he was laying beside me, I slowly laid down next to him.

Something inside me wanted me to move closer to him but I held myself back from doing just that. Just then I felt his arm slide under my back, he pulled me to him and wrapped his arms around me.

I met his eyes, surprise was written across my face at his actions. His finger traced up and down my arm, "Did I do something wrong?" He questioned, with a hint of playfulness in his voice.

I couldn't muster up any words to say and so I just shook my head. "No need to be shy." He poked at my cheek, all so while grinning at me. Without thought I quickly hid myself, my right cheek was now touching the side of his neck, my face buried in my pillow.

When I was feeling less embarrassed I hugged my arms around him, and rested my head on his chest. One of his hands slowly ran up and down my back in a way to soothe me.

My heart felt like it was on fire, like it was shot with a dozen tiny red tipped arrows. It's like our bodies were made for each other, they fit together like two pieces of a puzzle. As unoriginal as it sounds, it's the truth.

I squeezed him tightly not wanting him to leave me during my night sleep. Eventually, my eyelids finally fell shut as I was pulled into a deep heavy night sleep.

I woke up to the sound of loud crackling thunder, my shot up into a sitting position. A flash of lighting almost struck a tree across the road from my house.

It made me stress, thinking what could've happened if a tree caught on a fire from getting struck, especially if it was by my house. That is the one thing I dislike about thunderstorms, everything else I honestly liked.

Just then I remembered that I fell asleep in Emmett's embrace last night. I turned to look beside me and he wasn't there anymore. I breathed out a tired yawn and went to the bathroom.

Once I stepped out from the shower a cold breeze hit my bare skin. I shivered before wrapping the towel around my body and put clothes on. Simply, a loose hoodie with some jean shorts.

Walking down to the kitchen, I quickly threw my hair up into a semi-neat messy bun. I started to rummage through the food cabinets looking for food to make for breakfast. My stomach started to rumble loudly.

Nothing, there wasn't any breakfast food to eat. Guess I'll run to the store before eating. Hoping that I won't throw up my stomach acid without getting food in my system. I have some digestive and stomach issues.

If I don't get food soon, there will be some issues. Its like my stomach has a set time to eat so it can digest before I have to eat next.

I walked into the local grocery store to pick up a few things. I pulled out the list on my phone, I needed to get some pancake mix, eggs, and lots of different fruits.

Pushing the cart up to the cash register; I then started to place everything on the conveyer belt. I gave the worker one of my credit cards in order to pay for the food that I was buying today.

My eyes caught a sign by the door and I was exiting the building.

Free Book Writing Contest : Starting today and ending about three weeks from now.

I started to think about if I should try to enter the contest, I mean I could use the book I've already started. But I didn't know if I was ready for other people to read my own stories.

I couldn't think about that right now as I needed to get home and eat fast. Then I got behind the steering wheel of my car after packing the bags into the backseat. Arriving at my house I parked in the driveway.

I placed the bags on the counter and pulled out an orange and quickly peeled it and cut it into slices. Then I ate them, my stomach felt at ease now. My chin rested in my free hand as I finished eating.

Emmett's jeep still sat outside, but where did he go? It's weird that he would leave his vehicle here.