Chapter Five

"Why did he go after her? He doesn't even know her. She's just a pathetic human." Rosalie spoke with an annoyed tone. She still had a love for him but could never act on it anymore, at least after she met Ashton.

Just then Alice chimed in, reminding her, "You know why she's his true mate, and you know the feeling of finding yours." She looked to Ashton and then back over to Rosalie.

I kicked the leafs on the ground while walking.

Eventually, I sat down leaning against a tree and closed my eyes. I tuned out everything around me, forgetting all my worries of the world. My music was so loud in my ears that I didn't notice someone was here with me.

Unexpectedly, I felt someone sit down beside me. Freezing, I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the person. I jumped back astonished at who I saw.

Taking one earphone out I spoke, "Are you following me or something?" He just laughed and answered amused, "Well, you ran into the woods alone." I looked to the ground while averting my gaze.

"So you did follow me?" He sighed and replied simply with, "Yea." I took a deep breath and shifted uncomfortably at his response. My mind kept questioning every possible thing that could happen in this moment; why did he follow me? Is he stalking me, planning to kill me?

The setting was just perfect for that scenario. We are literally so far into the woods that no one would even notice me getting murdered.

Next thing I knew; I was already standing up to leave. Before walking off I spoke, "I'm leaving and don't follow me this time." He nodded while I turned away and left the woods.

I checked the time on my phone - 4:00 pm. It was already four o'clock?! God, I have so much homework to get done and this was the time I made to work on things for school.

My legs broke into a sprint towards my car. Yes, I am a good student and actually will do my homework even when I live by myself. I pulled out my keys from my pocket and unlocked the door of my car. I slid into my seat, buckled the seatbelt, and then drove off away from the school.

Opening the door, I quickly sat at the dining room table and pulled out my school books along with my iPad that I take notes on. Taking notes on my iPad is more convenient for school as everything I need is all there and I don't need to worry about having multiple notebooks with me.

I use the app GoodNotes for everything and not just school. My classes each have a separate notebook along with different covers. I can organize all my notebooks into folders so I have a folder for school and one for all my stories and book ideas. This is why I always have it with me anywhere I go.

After about two hours I was finally finished with my homework. So I decided to start working on the current book I was writing. In order to focus, I went to sit on the chair swing outside on the porch to immerse myself into the story. Since a few cars pass by the house; I put in earphones and played a song.

I sat my iPad on the table next to the seat and went inside to get water and a snack. I pushed the door open with my foot before sitting the glass of water down before I sunk back down into the chair. As I ate my snack; I swung around in the chair to entertain my silly childish self.

The dark night sky was filled with stars tonight, it was beautiful. I stared up at it and scanned the stars for the Big Dipper,Little Dipper, and the other constellations in the sky. This was a little fun pass time that I liked to do every now and then. Sometimes it made me feel calm and occasionally sparked some of my story ideas as well.

I took a sip of water while unlocking my iPad to read one of my many downloaded ebooks. Then I started to read a few chapters before heading inside to get ready to sleep and placed the empty glass in the dishwasher. I headed upstairs to the bathroom; dropping off my iPad on the bed. I walked out of the bathroom, my hair still wet from the shower.

Opening up my pajama drawer; and decided on what to sleep in tonight. Then I grabbed a loose t-shirt and shorts to sleep in. After getting dressed I got into my bed and snuggled under the covers.

Ahead of laying down on the pillow; I gathered my hair into a simple braid so it would be wavy when I took it out in the morning. Closing my eyes, I fell into a deep sleep.