Chapter Seven

My body was frozen in place. "We need to talk." He spoke and walked over to the baby blue cushioned couch sitting in front of the television. I nervously shut the front door, which creaked in the process.

My sneakers made a slight stomping sound as I moved myself to the chair opposite of Emmett.

I lowered myself down into the chair and stared at my feet. Unsure of what to do or say, I just sat there still, not moving a muscle nor speaking. "Emberly, I need to talk to you." His tone sounded anxious yet calm all at once. "Okay.." The word came out slowly.

"With you looking at me in the eyes." My hands were clasped together and felt clammy from the sweat of my nerves. My eyes slowly drifted to meet his golden eyes with the right hint of brown in them. My mind pleaded for him to speak about whatever he was here for.

But I was also scared of what he might say or what he may do. This silence was nerve-racking, and It felt like I was staring into an endless blank abyss of nothingness. So much so I didn't want to speak, and if I did, all of my words would be a jumbled mess.

As if noticing my impatience and nervousness by this long silence, Emmett then spoke up, "So first I need to ask if you and Ross are still together."

I tensed, "I- No, we're not.." Once again, my eyes looked somewhere other than him. "Good." Was all he said. Wait, did he really just say that? So he's happy that my relationship didn't work out?

"Good?" I questioned, and he slightly laughed,"Well, yes or else."

Suddenly, his eyes meet mine before I looked down at my lap. I hesitated, "O-Or else what?" My mind was spiralling into and the possibility of what his words meant. I slowly brought my head back up with furrowed brows just right before responding, "Or else I couldn't do this."

His lips were quickly on mine; I didn't know what to do. My heart literally skipped a beat, this felt so right but so sudden. I was so deep into my thoughts that I didn't realize I was kissing him back. Strong arms wrapped around me, pulling closer to his body, and without thinking, I locked my legs around his waist.

I felt him lift me up off the chair, and he started towards the upstairs bedroom. Not once did his mouth leave my lips, and I couldn't deny the rush his touch gave me. My hands tightly gripping the front of his shirt with his hands slightly about the hem of my leggings.

I felt a soft surface touch the back my head, my bed. Oh my god, no, we can't be getting ready to do, well, you know. Especially when we haven't even been together romantically. But I couldn't get myself to stop; it was like my body wasn't in my control anymore. Suddenly, I no longer felt him against me.

I looked up and saw him sitting at the edge of my bed and his backside facing me. I slowly made my way to the side of my bed and placed my feet on the hardwood floor of my room. We both stayed quiet for what seemed like an eternity. Did he stop because something I did? Was I a bad kisser?

He even turned his back on me when he pulled away from me. Now I felt like my heart was pierced with a knife when he pulled away from me. I stood up and headed to the bathroom to escape this awkwardness that I was feeling. As I was almost to the bathroom, Emmett asked, "Where are you going?"

My feet stopped, I closed my eyes, "The bathroom." I spoke quietly and quickly and continued to the bathroom. I locked the door shut and slid down onto the floor. Tears slowly went down my cheeks, I wiped them away with my sweatshirt sleeve and took deep breaths.

I pulled knees up to my chest and dropped my head. My chest rising and falling at a swift pace, it felt as if my heart was being torn out of my chest. All I could about was what just happened?

Why did it happen? He wanted to kiss me, and then he actually did, I also kissed him back. My first kiss, that kiss was my first ever kiss.

I never kissed Ross because his breath always smelled like alcohol and smoke. We broke up because he became possessive and the obvious a drunk and a smoker.

I sunk so deep in my thoughts, I didn't even notice Emmett started to knock on the door of the bathroom. "You okay in there?" Was he concerned about me? Slowly, I brought my head up so he could hear my reply.

"I'm fine, just not feeling well." I tried sounding as if I was just having a mental breakdown. In hopes he'd believe my terrible lie of feeling ill. "I heard you crying, I'm sorry if I made you upset." Great, just great he heard me.

"Could you open the door?" I debated if I should or not. We just had a kiss turn into a makeup session and then almost started to have sex. I slowly unlocked the door moving away so it could be opened.

I couldn't bare to look up and meet his face. He sat down beside me and unexpectedly pulled me into his lap. How does he manage do that? How did sit down and lift me into his lap where I was facing him?

My eyes were closed so I couldn't see his handsome face near mine again. His hands were now going through my brown wavy hair. I slightly opened my eyes but looking towards my hands that held the hem of his shirt, fidgeting.

"W-Was I that bad?" The words fumbled out of my mouth. His hands stopped before they moved to cup my face, and lifted my face up to meet his. He smiled slightly before calmly said, "No." A simple answer, so he didn't think I was bad.

But why stop himself from kissing me then? "Then...Why did you-" He cut me off, pressing his lips against mine then pulled away. "Because it was supposed to be a single kiss." I went blank at that.

He removed his hands from my cheeks and resting them on my waist. "Just a single kiss?" My tone glossed over with curiosity. "You know, slow and steady wins the race." I breathed out a slight laugh and a smile formed on my lips.

"How..sweet?" I almost started to have a laughing spree but held it in. "Besides, I still haven't asked you this yet." His voice had a anxious tone, and he looked almost nervous. "Ask me what?"