001

|| The Harbinger of Donquixote ||

A boy, no older than eleven, stumbled over the debris of the crumbling town he used to call home. His parents were dead, burned alive in front of the boy’s eyes.

Flames of burning gold colours ate away at the boy’s home. Smoke filled the air, blinding him. He had no one left, so he was fine if he died here, with his home, that he would never see again.

His childhood was taken from him. He was ‘special’. Forced to become a monster all because of one damn, terrible-tasting fruit. The Celestial Dragons that had taken over his home had fled, leaving the town in pure chaos. Pirates were attacking, and the villagers had nothing to fight back with.

They used to be feared warriors of a powerful, tyrannical Shichibukai, but when Yengin Kasai, one of the most brutal of all Celestial Dragons took over; he made them all slaves and took away their weapons.

The boy yelped as he tripped over a rock, falling to the ground. He threw his hands out in front of him, hoping to force his body to a stop, but instead the skin was torn from his palms, adding to the many wounds that already covered his body.

He rolled around before stopping just at the edge of a cliff that overlooked the sea. Blood coated his whole body, and his wounds had already begun to slowly kill him.

Accepting his fate, he looked down to the sea. The water had smoking debris floating in it, as well as many dead bodies. The boy knew that if he were to fall in, he would drown. He had lost his ability to swim six years ago, when the tyrannical Shichibukai made him eat a demonic fruit that would make him the ‘perfect soldier’.

He tried to make himself stand, only to have pain surge through his body. He let out a cry as the ground beneath him crumbled away, making him fall into the sea below.

His body hit the frozen, amber-coloured waters, and the boy smiled to himself as the bubbles fled from him. True, he couldn’t move, and the air had mostly been knocked from his lungs, but at least all the pain he suffered throughout his life would be gone. At least he could see his family again.

Before his eyes closed, the boy swore he saw someone appear above him. He couldn’t tell if it was a person, however, because the blackish-purple fuzzy thing they wore on their back made it hard to tell.

But the boy didn’t care. His smile only grew as he thought of seeing his father’s smile and being in his mother’s warm embrace crossed his mind again. As his world faded away, he failed to feel the pair of arms rap around his small, petite waist.

────𖤐────

Donquixote Rosinante didn’t know what crossed his mind when he saved that young boy’s life. He didn’t like what his brother, Donquixote Doflamingo, was doing to this town.

The undercover Marine read about this island from one of Sengoku’s old reports. Demounereach, Rosinante believed, used to be ruled over by a former Shichibukai who forced his people to become skilled warriors. Then, Yengin Kasai took over once the unnamed Shichibukai’s title was stripped away and he was executed.

Kasai wasn’t a good choice for the World Government to pick for who would rule this island when the Shichibukai was gone. Kasai was a powerful Celestial Dragon who was worldly renowned for his brutality when punishing his slaves.

Based on the large branded mark on the boy’s back, the Hoof of the Soaring Dragon, he probably experienced Kasai’s anger firsthand. Just thinking of what Kasai could’ve done made Rosinante bite down a little too hard on the fag in his mouth, effectively snapping it.