008

|| Time is Running Out! Seize the Ope Ope no Mi! ||

Corazon was paying no mind to the ringing den den mushi as he held a bright smile, his face red with glee.

"Oi, Cora-san! Cora-san!" Law barked, trying to snap Corazon out of his dazed-like state he was in as the den den mushi still continued ringing.

Daisuke stood next to Law, sweatdropping at the sight in front of him. "I like how it sounds," Corazon hummed, "call me again!"

Corazon ever really heard Daisuke call him Cora-san. True, some other members like Baby-5 and Buffalo would as well, but Corazon only really liked when Daisuke did it. Now with Law doing it as well, he couldn't help but be happy.

"Cut it out!" Law snapped, making Daisuke begin to laugh. Law quickly turned his head to Daisuke, trying to get him to stop. "Do not encourage this!"

"Don't be shy!" Corazon mused as Law quickly looked back, his agitation growing.

"Just pick it up! The snail!" He ordered, pointing to the yellow den den mushi that had similar eyes to Doflamingo's glasses as well as a mini version of Corazon's purplish-black, feathery coat and had a dark pink shell decorated by a lighter pink flower.

As Corazon picked up the call, the snail's lips formed into a smirk, matching the expression the person on the other end was wearing. An expression that made an uneasy feeling sit in Daisuke's stomach.

It's me, Corazon,” the voice on the other end said. Doflamingo's voice. Corazon's expression immediately shifted from cheerful to shocked and somewhat angry.

Corazon, you're there, aren't you?” Doflamingo's voice returned after a while of silence.

Not a word was said from Daisuke, Law, or Corazon as Corazon leaned closer to the den den mushi, tapping three times on its shell to indicate a "yes."

"It's been six months since you three left. Are Law and Harbinger with you?"

Law heard a gulp come from Daisuke. He briefly looked at Daisuke out of the corner of his eye, seeing that he had the same expression on his face.

The expression of why Doflamingo suddenly decided to call them after six months of nothing.

Corazon's finger hovered over the snail's shell as he debated an answer. Then, he tapped three times again.

Doflamingo's voice hummed. "I see. I'm glad the three of you are okay. Have you found a good doctor?"

Corazon didn't hesitate with his answer, only tapping on the den den mushi's shell twice, indicating a "no."

"I thought so. Bring Law and Harbinger and come back to the ship. We might be able to cure the disease." Doflamingo said, his voice savouring in bad intentions.

At his words, Law let out a gasp of shock, as did Daisuke. Corazon, however, remained quiet. His face was skeptical, which is a reasonable feeling to have when working for Doflamingo, a master of deception.

Knowing that Corazon was a "mute," Doflamingo continued on to an explanation. "I got information about the Ope Ope no Mi," now it was Corazon's turn to let out a silent gasp, "offered a huge amount of money by the Navy, some stupid pirates who don't know its value will accept a tradeoff, it seems."

Doflamingo let out a deep chuckle. "The Government must be pulling the strings behind the scenes. It's risky, but we'll seize it."

Law and Daisuke kept their eyes on the den den mushi, not believing what they were hearing. Especially Daisuke. He heard about the Ope Ope no Mi. Apparently, it's the "Ultimate Devil Fruit" for reasons Daisuke still wasn't sure about.