010

|| The Kindhearted Man’s Final Fight! ||

“Listen, Law, Daiko,” Corazon began, pointing to the collection of treasure boxes the Family were stealing from the Barrels Pirates’ hideout, “pirates can’t resist taking treasure boxes to their ships whenever they find them.”

He then led the three over to the boxes, opening the lid on one for Law to get inside. “That means if you stay in here, you’ll definitely have a chance to get out of the cage. Don’t miss it.”

His hand was on Law’s shoulder as Daisuke stood next to Corazon with a pained, but cheery smile. “What about you two?!” Law barked.

Corazon chuckled. “You silly, Doffy wants you and the Ope Ope no Mi power. Doffy and I are brothers by blood. Of course, he’d get pissed at me but I’m sure he won’t kill me.”

Daisuke nodded along. “Aye. And, the Boss’ fond of me, so I’ll just make sure Cora-san will be fine. This is a blind spot for the pirates, so stay still. Okay, Law?” They were both directly lying to Law, but it was the only option.

Daisuke couldn’t fit in one of the boxes, and he’d have a better chance at surviving an attack against one of Doffy’s men than Law.

Law smiled brightly as Corazon placed his hand on top of his hat. Calm.

“This will cause anything you interact with to not make any noise,” Corazon explained as Law tapped against the side of the box with his palms, and of course, there wasn’t a sound, “alright, Daiko and I will see you in the next town.”

Law smiled at the nonexistent sounds he made. “Oi, Law, Daiko,” Corazon said, grabbing the boys’s attention. As Law looked up, his face formed into one of shock at Corazon’s goofy smile. As Daisuke looked over, he began laughing again. “I love you two!”

As he slowly closed the box, the last thing Daisuke saw was Law snickering to himself before the lid fully closed.

As Corazon and Daisuke stepped away, Daisuke turned to the tall bird. “You... you know we just lied to his face, right? The Boss is going to be pissed.”

Corazon nodded, placing his large hand on Daisuke’s shoulder. “We just have to buy Law some time. Don’t worry. I promise you I won’t die.” Daisuke sighed, then he nodded with a smile. “Okay. Right.”

The two hid behind a tree, Corazon behind it while Daisuke was perched within its branches, that was by Gladius.

Corazon ran from behind the tree, still bleeding from his many bullet wounds that covered his body. “Oi!”

Gladius was quick to turn around and pull out his gun. “You!” He fired from his gun, Corazon dodging the bullets. As Gladius went to advance, he was stopped by a dagger flying towards his feet.

He paused, his eyes immediately falling to the dagger. But upon closer inspection, it wasn’t a dagger, it was a throwing knife. Daisuke’s throwing knife.

Looking up to the tree, he saw Daisuke looking right back, sticking out his tongue between his two fingers in a vulgar gesture. “Suck it, bastard!”

Gladius sneered, now aiming his gun at Daisuke. Daisuke jumped from the tree, landing on his feet and running after Corazon.

“Corazon and Harbinger went that way!” Diamante called to the others after hearing Gladius’ gunfire, “Lao G! This way!”

“Come on, follow me!” Gladius ordered to Machvise and Diamante. “I’ll crush both of them-in!”

“Where are you aiming at?!” Corazon taunted, smacking his rear end. Daisuke started bawling out in laughter, almost tripping over his own feet. As Gladius shot at the two, Corazon was immediately back on his feet, tailing after Daisuke.