006

|| Law’ True Name and the Start of the Journey of Life! ||

It had been a few months since that night Law finally told his past to Daisuke, and vice-versa. Of course, that night only seemed to make their relationship stronger.

Daisuke, Law, Baby-5, and Buffalo were all seated in a park-like area of a very high-class town the Donquixote Family were currently doing underworldly-business in.

Daisuke was seated next to Law, a cigarette hanging loosely from his lips, one from the pack he nicked from Corazon’s pocket earlier.

He was bored, and he didn’t care for talking to Baby-5 or Buffalo. So, he just insisted on listening in and not contributing to the conversation.

Law was in a different outfit, and the dirt that usually covered his body was gone. Of course, Law still had his hat, but he wore a black shirt with yellow circles trailing down the sleeves and a pair of white shorts.

“We told you our real names!” Baby-5 complained to Law. For the past thirty minutes, the two of them had been trying to get Law and Daisuke to spill the beans on their real names.

Law already knew Daisuke’s name, and Daisuke mostly knew all of Law’s. But he didn’t want to tell the two that were pestering him.

So? I’m not interested,” Law countered, making Daisuke shift silently, before letting out a soft yawn and running his hand through his messy, raven-black hair.

Law rolled his eyes as Baby-5 crossed her arms in a pout. “You’re so uncool! You’re no fun.”

“Even if I have fun, I’ll die anyway.” Law said back. “You have quite a lot of white parts now.” Baby-5 pointed out, leaning in a bit to look at the two large white patches of skin that were on Law’s face.

“I don’t know if I can live another year. I may die sooner than I calculated.” Law said, looking at the patch of white skin on palm of his hand.

Daisuke winced at his words. He knew Law was running out of time, but he still hated it when he heard Law speak about how much he had left.

“That aside, if you have a real name, tell us-dasyuan!” Buffalo snapped, making Daisuke glare at the large, round boy, but he didn’t acknowledge it. “Or I’ll tell the Young Master you stabbed Cora-san two years ago!”

“Yeah, we will!” Baby-5 added. Law stared at the two for a few moments before letting out a sigh. He looked away as he reluctantly answered.

“Trafalgar D. Water Law.” Law said. At the “D.” part, Daisuke’s eyes instantly shot to Law, almost making him drop the cigarette. Law knew Daisuke was a D., but why didn’t he tell Daisuke he was one too?

“Huh?” Baby-5 questioned. Law looked to her, “I shouldn’t tell that name to anyone, actually. I don’t go by a codename like you two, so it’s just a little longer. “D.” is a secret name. “Water” is a true name. For generations, my family—” he was cut off by Baby-5.

“How boring! This is no fun at all!” She said. “Yeah-dasuyan!” Buffalo agreed, his large buck teeth popping out from his top lip.

“You guys asked me repeatedly!” Law glared, making Baby-5 cling to Buffalo and cry again.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Corazon grabbed Law by the back of his shirt and walked off. “O-Oi, let go of me!” Law yelped in surprise.

Daisuke sprung to his feet, dropping his pack of cigarettes. “Cora-san, wait! Hold on!” Daisuke tried to catch up to Corazon, but since his legs were so long it made the man a lot faster than Daisuke.